Urgent Employment Advice Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:confused: Hi I would appreciate if anyone could advise me on the following problem...

My daughter who is at uni got a part-time job starting frid. Four people were picked out of 60 and she had 2 interviews. He shift working at a bar in a kind of upmarket diner place. Her friday shift was 6-11pm. At the very start of the shift one of the other girls working there asked her what she was up to last night (normal chat) and my daughter said "I was out and I'm knackered" and they laughed. Conversation basically over. The supervisor called her over albeit within earshot of the rest of the staff and told her her she had an attitude problem and he did not like an attitude like that working in his bar! My daughter was shocked and thus felt nervous and uncomfortable. He kept reminding her of this "attitude problem" throughout the course of her shift. Never privately either. He also told her that she was on 3 months probation and that it was his decision whether she would have a job or not so she should think carefully about this attitude. She got sent home at 9pm to save wages! Last night (sat.) her movile went at 11.15pm from this work. She didn't answer but got a voicemail saying she was to phone them with regards to her shifts. I was livid at them phoning here at that time of night. She was in her bed. They phoned again since 9am this morning and she said she felt she could not work under these conditions. She eventually phoned them and was gonna say that she would return the uniform today and was gonna say she felt intimidated and unfairly treated in these 3 hrs she worked there and she wasn't prepared to put up with it. However it was this supervisor who had been phoning to actually SACK HER! Firstly nothing was signed ie contract or anything. Secondly does anyone know if this sacking will be on her work record or if there is anything she can do. It is extremely unfair. I would appreciate any help at all anyone can give. Obviously her 11.15pm call last night was to sack her which I think is really ridiculous.

I know how annoying it is but be thankfull she isnt there because it sounds a pretty bad place to be.

She was going to leave anyway.

I would voice my opinions in there so as you leave no one in doubt as to how bad they really are and take satisfaction from that.