Court Date 30th July -and in a mess?

jopickett11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I returned on Friday after been away for 2 weeks to find my court date had come through for 30th July!!!! and now i am getting really worried!!

I spent most of yesterday gathering bits together but i'm a little confused as there are lots of people saying that they have spoken to the helpful litigation team at barclays... to date i have not phoned them.

Should i phone them tomorrow, if so why am i phoning them?

I am now preparing my documents to send to the court and barclays ( it has to be in 7 days before court date so i may just get it their in time) I am including the following

• Schedule of charges (i submitted my claim in May so my schedule of charges shows interest up until this point, do i submit a new one that shows up until todays date?)
  • Court Bundle (the 60ish page document that CAG provide on this site
  • A statement from me, which i will adapt from one i found on CAG site

I cant find any T&C's, i opened my account in 1997 ish..... does it matter if dont put this in?

Another problem... i have not long moved house and i am now frantically trying to find all the statements that i made my schedule of charges from! (next time i am going to be so much more organised!!)

I'm really worried that i'm going to look a complete idiot in court, in fact i dont even want to go to court, i wont even know what i'm talking about!!!

I hope someone can give me some guidance or even advice on contacting the litigation team and thanks.

A very confused JO! :???: :???: :???: :-?

Hi Jo

Firstly, what is the hearing on the 30th (eg Directions etc) and what if anything, did the court ask you to submit pre-hearing (ie has it ordered you as Claimant specifically to submit any documents)? If it's only a Directions, you don't need to submit your Bundle yet UNLESS you've be ordered to by the judge.

"Should i phone them tomorrow, if so why am i phoning them?"

Ring Barclays' Switchboard on 0207 116 1000 and ask to be put through to the Legal & Litigation Team.

Once you are put through explain that you would like to speak to the person dealing with your claim.

If you get to speak to them, explain that as they are aware the hearing is next week so you wondered if they now wish to settle.

If you don't get to speak to your contact, make sure you at least get their name and a direct line telephone number for them. Also ask if there is anyone else who can help given that court is 7 days.

Give them a buzz tomorrow and post back here with their response.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Hi Jo,

Also when you call the lit' team, have an up to date Shedule of Charges to hand showing your total claim, s69 interest and Court fees paid. Then you'll have a precise settlement figure to give them.

Come back re Welshcake's 1st para.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slickwilly and Welshcakes..... your help is very much appreciated

The latest letter from court is titled 'Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track'.. the letter goes onto say (in a shorter version) basically that the hearing of the claim will take place on 30 July at 11am, the case in one of a number listed on the same date. both parties must be ready for trial on that date... and so on... this letter is dated the 14th July.. and actually says that i should submit any documents i wish to rely upon 21 days before trial... these dates dont match up??! They haven't given me 21 days!

First thing in the mornig I will call Barclays Lit Team and see how far I get with them.. Slick you mentioned having a schedule of charges etc to hand... I am asking for interest up until tomorrows date or can i only ask for interest up until when i made the court application which was back in May?

Thanks again,

Jo

the interest is accrued daily and upto the point of settlement ... so if ringing tomorrow you want the updated interest figure

I would also get all your documents to the court ASAP and get the one for Barclays sent off to them as well

Thanks Saintly.. will do that.. do you think i've cocked things up now cos of the timescale? Is it worth me contacting court also tomorrow and explain situation to see what they may advise?

God i'll have aged ten years by the time this is all over!

Thanks again

Jo

Hi Jo

You ask for interest up tomorrow.

You need to let them know it's the full trial, not a Directions.

Also, ring up the court and query the dates - once they spot the problem they will put a note on fill and you just need to get your full court bundle in.

Hopefully, your call to Barclays will get a settlement offer. If you get this confirmed in writing, you can take this to the court and ask the judge if they would consider either putting a Stay or making an Order to allow for say 14 days to allow settlement funds to clear.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

Okay... I have just spoken to Robert Saunders, from BLit team (sounds very nice guy) who is dealing with my case.. He said he is very much behind at the moment and is still delaing with cases in court this week. he says that although he cant be definate until he gets to my file he is more or less certain that they will settle this week. he has said he will call me back in a couple of days.... So i am now going to have to sort the court bundles out and get them posted off just in case?? Is this right? Cos i shouldnt trust that they will definatley settle... have also just spoken to court as i was concerned that they said documents to be in 21 days before hearing but they havent given me long enough.. they just said to get them in as soon as i can this week... so appears all is looking good up to now.

Thanks guys for your help over the weekend.. your all stars!!

Will keep you posted....

JO

Hi Jo

Definitely push forward with getting all the paperwork you need to get in with the courts before any deadlines. You are spot on to be cynical about Barclays coming through on their verbal word.

If a written offer to settle does come through you can show the letter to the court.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

my god im in the same boat!!! my date is also the 30th july!! i havent got anything together!!

do i send the info that i submitted to moneyclaim before with the total charges on, do i also add the court charges? what court bundle do i send and to i need to add anything to it??

Im gonna call barclays now.

- also - just looked at my notice of hearing , just gives the date that i should attend and the time,it dosent say anythng about paperwork being submitted?????? have i done it through moneyclaim?

Lyndsey

Hi LyndseyR,

First off, you need to start your own thread so go 'back' a page and press 'New Thread' just below top of page.

Please confirm the type of Hearing on 30th July and post exactly what the Judge has ordered,ie. documents required, etc.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi LyndseyR

I'll keep an eye out for your thread when you start it.. But once you've done that, you'll have lots of help from the more exprienced guys on this site... they;ve really helped me the lasty few days.. these last stages are crutial.

I've finally finished sorting my 'bundle' out today.. however i notice people have said theirs is 200 pages.. mines only about 70... i've included all the documents it states... does anyone think its due to the change in amount of statements people have to include? And no i didnt use a tiny font!!! ha

Jo Jo

Hi jopicket11 get your bundles sorted asap and ring/email whoever dealing with your claim in a couple days to see if they will settle-they prob will-might be a good idea to read about case won by lloyds.Dont rely on winning jus coz barclays dont turn up-and they wont.I was in court 0n 20th B settled on 13th .I went to court coz i hadnt got money as promised before hearin-judge was unaware of settlementinitially and told me I would have had to prove bank charges unlawful-he would not have dismissed it coz b didnt turn up or provide bundle or send solicitor-lucky for me it was settled!!! I was told by B last week they were settling all claims it was just taking time-keep hasling them and good luck

Yeah how weird!

i've read about the lloyds win and i have the same judge who ruled in their favour so absolutely crappin myself! My paperwork is going to be late getting to court but phoned them today and they said fine just to get it to them asap, going to take it in tomorrow!

Hope i get some luck with Barclays before then.

Jo

I read actual judgement when I came out of court coz I didnt know it was available til then-at least if gives you idea why judge ruled way he did-b prob wont let it get that far

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

Okay... I have just spoken to Robert Saunders, from BLit team (sounds very nice guy) who is dealing with my case.. He said he is very much behind at the moment and is still delaing with cases in court this week. he says that although he cant be definate until he gets to my file he is more or less certain that they will settle this week. he has said he will call me back in a couple of days.... So i am now going to have to sort the court bundles out and get them posted off just in case?? Is this right? Cos i shouldnt trust that they will definatley settle... have also just spoken to court as i was concerned that they said documents to be in 21 days before hearing but they havent given me long enough.. they just said to get them in as soon as i can this week... so appears all is looking good up to now.

Thanks guys for your help over the weekend.. your all stars!!

Will keep you posted....

JO

I have spoken to Rob saunders regarding my claim. He said Barclies were going to settle 2 weeks ago. My claim is to be heard tomorrow AM. Not so much a nice guy in my opinion