Lloyds need urgent advice re court

monkeywart

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I really need some help re taking Lloyds to court. I am not sure if I have blown my chances or not.

Basically after my LBA Lloyds wrote to me in May and said they would credit my account with £750 (I was claiming £1600) as full and final settlement. I replied and said no, I only accept it as part payment but stupidly forgot to send my letter by recorded delivery so have no proof of it arriving.

This was back in May and because I then discovered I was pregnant and also started a new job I was really busy and tired and have only now got back to thinking of taking them all the way. My first question is will it matter that I've left it about 2 months from receiving the £750 - will Lloyds be able to use this against me? Especially as my rejection/part settlement letter was not sent recorded so Lloyds will probably deny receipt of it.

Secondly like an idiot I have misplaced all the letters that Lloyds sent to me apart from my original statements. I have copies of all the letters I sent them but not the responses they sent me. Do I need all their responses to be able to file a court claim?

Please help me someone as if I file a court claim I want to know I will be ok - really can't afford to take them to court if I am not certain I will win!

Thanks in advance!

In my opinion you shouldn't be panicking. The important thing is that you did send a letter rejecting the offer and you have a copy of it. I would think the best course of action would be to file a claim deducting the £750 already paid from your schedule of charges.

I really can't see there being any problems. :)

• Haha 1

broke dave v LTSB WON £3840 2 weeks before court.

Mrs broke dave v Barclays accepted offer £355.

broke dave v LTSB (Business) Prelim stage.

broke dave v LTSB (2nd Claim) LBA stage.

And to offer help I would totally agree - just check your bank account to see if you the £750 credited. The fact that you have copies of the letters you sent are very useful indeed, just cos you sent them ordinary post should not present a problem at all; and if you really think that having a copy of the letter/s they sent you is an issue, then send a request for them, but really I do not think you will need these.

Best of luck with your claim

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON