Regarding mortgage charges...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As you may or may not know I'm assisting my bro to get out of the mess those sympathetic (did I say pathetic of think it?) people at Natwest helped make.

NBow he recently missed a payment on his mortgage due to a mess up at his work. They agreed to cover any charges that were incurred as a result.

The really interesting thing is that, as well as the bank charges, there was a thiry pound charge from Natwest. He missed some other payment when he was out of work earlier so I assume a charge was made there too.

Assuming such charges were made then the same principles surely apply?

There is admittedly a (slim) chance that the charges weren't made before as the account the payment was missed from was with Natwest also. If this is the case then my job is done BUT if the charges we added to the account then I fear another court case looming. The problem is is the mortgage regulated by the Consumer Credit act? I personally believe it is worth a shot anyway as £30 added to a mortgage account could cost hundreds over the term of the mortgage.

Essentially here we have two organisations making £30 out of somebody else's misfortune.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, had this problem myself with mortgage company 'fees'

Sent for all my info using a SAR, then only to read in my mortgage terms and conditions that ANY legal action they take in regard to my account they will recover the fees from me, in simple terms any legal costs they incur (as in defending your claim) they will charge you, even if it gets to court and they lose! So do read the T&C before you proceed!.....just my 2 Euros worth!

Hmm... must be a way around that.... sruely that is the definition of unfair term?

From scratchy memory of what I've read before I think SOME mortgages are regulated an could be challenged but it depends on the date?

so wish I had law degree right now!

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• 3 weeks later...

Surely the above is an unfair term? It's like saying we have no obligation to act within the law. Anyone got any opinion on this?