Dessie v First Trust

Bigdess

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Bigdess

What sort of account is this?

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

As your case is with the FO, you will have to wait, unfortunately.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Have accepted £1,505 from First Trust via FOA this was prior to the OFT case.It would appear that the bank is stalling,what a amazes me is the length of time quoted by the bank ie 6-8wks for the transfere of the money into my account.Contacted them yesterday and explained that we have an account with them and that the process is automated,the girl told me that they had not received any formal notice from the FOS and until they do then the transfere would not take place.She advised that she would contact the FOS via e mail to try and speed things up.Further to that contacted the FOS they explained that they had already sent notice to the Bank to pay up this was accepted by AIB (UK)-First Trust.

Bigdess

Spoke with a solicitor yesterday,showed him the letter received from First Trust, he pointed out "OFT against a number of the major Banks in Great Britain." He pointed out that N Ireland is not part of Great Britain,Great Britain meaning England,Scotland and Wales.He explained that N Ireland is part of the UK,he went on to say that any good barrister could successfully argue this point in court and would most likely win.The point he was trying to make was the wording in the letter,he explained that the correct wording should read "OFT against a number of the major Banks in The UK.He said that if I needed anymore help he would start to look up The Magan Carta to see what he could find and also EC laws pretaining to Banking.

Bigdess

I have just looked at internet in relation to above and have found that the correct wording would be "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northen Ireland" I still can't fully understand what this solicitor is talking about,to be honest I think he is clutching at straws.I wonder how The Goons might have approached this if they were claiming back bank charges.

Bigdess

you should call the courts and ask if the judges here have adopted a standard approach to this. in my experience the judges here had agreed to put all cases on hold until a local test case was heard. my has been adjourned generally on this basis.

on the subject of a good barrister being able to argue a point..... of course they can but the solicitor will have to prepare a case before you get a barrister and he will of course want to be paid for that. solicitors are no different to any other business. they will tell you whatever it takes to get your money......

I don't think I will be forking out for solicitor and or barrister.And yes I know that members of the legal profession will like any other business use their powers of persuasion to get your money.In saying that this solicitor handled a case a number of yrs ago for the family and made a total and utter balls of it.

Bigdess

Received letter from Lorraine Whitsitt this morning she is not a happy camper.She informed me that FT received my acceptance from the FOS on 15.08.07,then proceeds to tell me that they have six weeks to make the payment.I have explained that the payment to be made is a simple automated transfere and shouldn't take six weeks since we have an account with FT.Contacted them this morning and was informed that their office is only open from 3pm-4pm.They don't appear to be customer friendly.

Bigdess

bigdess - i think our lorraine is becoming fed up of her job - she emailed me a while ago because i asked for a reply by email - i think she is sorry she gave me this email address - i sent her constant emails and she never replied.

i sent her an email about two weeks ago to refund a charge - the charge was more than the payment and i pit a cheque into the account that day so --- cut a long story short - SHE REFUNDED IT but told me that her email address is for internal use only and that she told me this before (she didnt) but anyway - ive gave the address out to everyone

(hehehehehehehehehehehe)

im waiting for my charges too dess and - i just have to wait

I am going to continue to send her e mails, sent one of this morning so she has had one e mail each day from the 15.08.07.I am enjoying every minute of this.Explained to the guy I spoke to the morning that an automated transfer isn't rocket sicence.Also told him it didn't take 6-8wks for the charges to be deducted from are account in the first place.To be honest I am bored after returning from hoildays and just looking to annoy someone,what better people than FT LOL :D:D:D:D:D

Bigdess

Just received a phone call from First Trust this afternoon,due to the high number of complaints/claims that the bank are dealing with they cannot guarantee that the £1,505 will be in are account for at least a further 6wks at the latest.The department that deals with this is only working 3pm-4pm Monday to Friday.Also received an e mail from FOS

"It is endeavouring to process these payments within the four weeks, however in some cases it will be after the four weeks but within the six weeks that we had indicated to customers that it may take."

I think I have exhausted all avenues and to be honest I am fed up with the whole thing.Just have to sit this one out. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bigdess

Just checked my account this morning and have noted that good old FT have taken a referral charge for £14.00 for going just £4.73 into the red.B------s.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Bigdess

bigdess -

ive felt as angry as you loads of times for same sort of thing mate.

they refunded my last one for a 4.99 dd - just send an email to our friend l.whitsitt - proper email address on this thread - she'll refund it and tell you not to email her again as the email is for internal use only - aye right missus!!

goodluck

Already done this several times no reply,finished up ringing my local branch who contacted me yesterday stating they would refund the £14 the girl explained to me that if it happened again she would not refund and this should be considered a one off.She also said she would change the account to First Plus.Checked this account out,if you remain in credit no charges,the catch is no £100 overdraft.I think I will stick with the account I have because that £100 comes in handy towards the end of the month.

Bigdess

• 10 months later...

You done well Bigdess.

I filed my complaint with FT on 19th January 2007 and at the moment its held in Downpatrick Court pending the outcome of the Test Case.

No further along :(

MY CLAIM STATUS

FIRST TRUST BANK - Small Claims Court Case Filed

ALLIANCE & LEICESTER BANK - Preliminary Letter Sent

CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT CARD - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Letter Sent

MINT CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

CITI CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

CAPITALONE CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

VIRGIN CREDIT CARD - SAR Letter Sent

GE MONEY STORE CARD - SAR Letter Sent

No more Mr Nice Guy!!! :D