Thompson v HSBC claim started

moggy1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6405 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

well, here we go, hold on for a bumpy ride. HSBC returned a payment which would have put me just £28 overdrawn, the fees are more than the OD would have been, so now they have opened the floodgates and the whole claim for the last 6 years will be going in.

I'll keep you posted

• 3 weeks later...

Well, received my 6 years of statements today, in 35 envelopes! at £30 a letter I reckon thats cost them a few bob!:rolleyes:

have just finished totting up the total and its £3566 - holy moly, I was reckoning on about half that! The total was helped along by over 20 charges in one month totalling over £500, now thats just silly!!

will check in the step by step guide tomorrow to see what letter I have to send next, then I shall go and put the deposit down on the ferrari (in my dreams, sadly this will all go on the managed loan I had to take out with HSBC after they cut my overdraft limit to £1500 below what my actual balance was, hence the 20 odd charges above:-| )

nil illigitimi carborundum

HSBC £3566

Lloyds TSB £1379.50

MBNA £TBA DP letter sent

this is new to me, claiming, using computer and chatting to a screen. I want to reclaim bank charges from hsbc and halifax but am very worried that i may be the first person to lose. i am not a lucky person! any help from anybody with more experience than me would be very helpful.

carol wild

Unlucky! don't talk to me abut unlucky! I'm like Midas, except everything I touch drops to bits!!:wink:

there is always the risk you could lose, but you won't be the first, that'll be me!!

Thing is though, all you stand to lose is a bit of time and maybe a hundred quid or so. they can't get legal expenses off you. Given the probability of wining it is well worthwhile. It is a lot of work, but then, how long would you have to work to earn £3500!

good luck with your claim, make sure you read the FAQs and the step by step guide as well as as many posts as possible. Following the formula gives you a much better chance of winning.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

talking of unlucky - my computer blew it's hardrive last week and none of the data could be recovered, fortunately an unexpected side product of this site is that I have posted all my comms on this on here so can get the dates from it, also because I used the standard letters I know what the wording is. needless to say HSBC haven't responded so the LBA goes off today.:p

Ha, got a letter from HSBC on saturday, the day after I posted my LBA offering me £2000. I did debate whether to take it, it's a lot of money and it would come in handy right now, but have decided to tough it out for the full amount. :p Looking at other peoples posts it is only about 3-4 weeks before the full amount is sent anyway:o

• 3 weeks later...

NO word from HSBC so I have filed on Moneyclaim today, which means I also get to claim a big wad of interest too, whoopee!!

If anyone is any doubt as to whether to claim the interest, it is a lot of hassle after all for 8% then look at how much difference it has made to my claims, I was gobsmacked! Using the template in the library it is actually very easy and I would advise doing it initially for your scale of charges, even though you don't need interest calculations at that stage, as it saves re-entering the data later.

MBNA £999.00 + £708.15 interest @24% LBA sent 11.08.06.

Lloyds TSB £1409.50 + £194.03 interest @8% LBA sent 11.08.06.

HSBC £3602.50 + £727.88 interest @8% Moneyclaim completed 11.08.06.

Quick question 4 you moggy, did you reply to the offer you got after the LBA or did you got straight to MCOL...

HSBC £3829.00 Prelim letter sent 17/7/06 :wink:

£1996.00 Offered 9/8/06 :rolleyes: .. See you in Court!

MCOL Filed 15/08/06 :)

DG response asking for info 8/9/06

RBOS S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 12/07/06 :cool:

Prelim letter sent 29/8/06 £2552 requested!!!

Hi there,

I sent them a letter saying it wasn't acceptable, although you don't have to as it said in their letter that if they didn't hear anything they would assume you weren't going to accept it.

sounds like they wern't expecting you to accept then lol (I wonder why)

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

Cheers, I think I will just go straight to MCOL today as I have received a response... Wish me luck..

HSBC £3829.00 Prelim letter sent 17/7/06 :wink:

£1996.00 Offered 9/8/06 :rolleyes: .. See you in Court!

MCOL Filed 15/08/06 :)

DG response asking for info 8/9/06

RBOS S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 12/07/06 :cool:

Prelim letter sent 29/8/06 £2552 requested!!!

• 3 weeks later...

OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

letter from DG today waiting for me when I got home offering the full amount in settlement. I will sign the confidentiality agreement as I don't want to rock the boat or delay things, and I need the cash! but I haven't yet signed so I can post this!! when I finally get the money I shall just post that the dispute has been concluded.

I'm off to the pub!!

it will not delay if you cross it out but congratulations

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

• 2 weeks later...