Cabot troubles

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've had an account with cabot to pay off An overdraft with Halifax.

Now Cabot sent me all my halifax statements as prove of the credit agreement i was requesting and I worked out all the charges on my account which was the reason i went overdrawn.

Now Halifax sent me a offer on these charges which they would use as parital payment to pay off my overdraft but the amount they saying i owned before they took off the offer is £292.10. Now I know I have paid off a lot of this to cabot because I owned 292.10 at the start so none of my payments have been taken off.

Some advice on what i should do is requested.

Thank you

Louise

I would SAR Cabot, and insist that they provide you with a detailed statement of account with them. That way you'll see exactly what has happened to your payments and whether Cabot has been adding any interest or penalties.

The reason being, the way that Cabot claims accounts are assigned, leads us to believe there is some doubt as to their entitlement to levy interest or penalties on their accounts.

As they have supplied staments from Halifax, could I just ask what prompted them to do this? What type of letter did you send them that made them respond in this way?

• Haha 1

Hi

I sent them a letter i got from this site asking them for a copy of my credit agreement in april and In June they sent me my statements.

Thank you for your help

Louise

Hi

I sent them a letter i got from this site asking them for a copy of my credit agreement in april and In June they sent me my statements.

Thank you for your help

Louise

And remember the refunds on the unlawful charges are YOUR's. They have no right to send them to Cabot, it's your money and you decide what happens to it. Once you get your settlement, you must insist that any payment goes to you and no-one else.

• Haha 1

Just hate every DCA out there