CCA request returned because I didn't sign the letter??

Chips123

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

HSBC just returned a CCA request I sent a week or so ago because, and I quote...

"Unfortunately as the letter was not signed, I am unable to act on its contents"

The letter also says

"Please note that credit card agreements are retained by the account holding branches. Any request for copies must be direct to the relevant branch"

Do I need to sign the letter and does it need to be sent to a specific branch? I sent it to a HSBC customer service address. It was a standard CCA request including a request for a breakdown of the account (amount paid, spent and left to be paid).

I want to reply to the same address, tell them that I do not ned to sign any letter or send a letter to a specific branch and demand that they process the letter and the clock is still ticking from the date of the original request....

But I would like some confirmation of whether I am correct or not first please! :)

Do I need to sign the letter and does it need to be sent to a specific branch?
. No and no. You are quite right in that time is still ticking away as well. By all means write back to them if you want to but you shouldn't need to remind them of their obligations under CCA regs anyway ( so if you wanted to could just let the clock tick down... ).

Best of luck :)

YOUR ADDRESS,

DATE,

CREDITORS ADDRESS:

Dear Sir or Madam,

RE: FORMAL COMPLAINT UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 2006 (Account no XXXXX).

On DATE I sent you a consumer credit agreement request, with the statutory payment. You have not sent me the required document, despite the fact I asked you to send it to my normal contact address.

On DATE you sent me a letter returning payment because my request was “not signed”. I note that there is no legal requirement for me to sign such a request. You are in default of my lawful request, and by failing to send me information as requested on the state of the loan you are also in default of your obligations under the OFT debt collection guidelines

Please consider this a formal complaint under your complaints procedure, as required by Consumer Credit Act 2006. I enclose the relevant statutory fee, and expect you to provide the required documents forthwith.

Yours Sincerely,

XXX. (Type, don’t sign).

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Guest ArthurP

I've had similar guff too.

Morgan Stanley were CCA'd yesterday by me and I had a message left on my answer phone today that I must call their offices to confirm my name and account number for them to deal with this (?).

Also, Barclaycard only sent me an application form so I wrote and asked for their complaints procedure and they returned it as I had not put my postcode or account number (although I used Mercer's ref number which was being used by them).

The blighters.

I appreciate the responses, thanks folks!

Think I will give them a couple of days and then forward on the letter quoted above.

Thanks again.