Miss Pink Panther v Capital One

Miss Pink Panther
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone!!!

I'm quite a new member to CAG, been reading various threads for a few days and have now plucked up the courage to start the ball rolling to claim back charges from Capital One. :D

I have just posted a letter to them to ask them to send me copies of all of my statements since my accounts inception. Once these arrive I will be able to see how much they owe me and take it from there.

If anyone needs to know, the address I used was:

Capital One Card Services

P.O. Box 5283

Nottingham

NG2 3YJ

Will keep you all posted with how I get on, wish me luck!!!! :)

Miss Pink Panther

Hello Miss Pink Panther

We are watching over you, keep us posted.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 5 weeks later...

Hello guys

Well, I wrote to Capital One on 20th July to request all monthly statements since my account's inception, and they have sent them all to me (received at the weekend) - I didn't have to pay any money to obtain these, so bear in mind guys!

My next step, I guess, is to write to them to ask for charges to be credited back to my account. What should I do about interest charged on these charges tho guys? Could you please advise me?

Many thanks in advance,

Miss Pink Panther

Hi Misspinkpanther

You can claim back the interest at the rate of 8% on each charge, but this can only be done at the court stage of the process. If you want to claim back Contractual Compounded Interest at your APR rate, that is what they have charged you on each penalty, then you have to ask for this at the start.

You can claim back the Overlimit fees and Late payment charges. You need to list them in a spreadsheet. If your not asking for APR then just list the charges, date, amount, reason, and days passed, then ask for them back.

To work out your APR, on your monthly statement you should have below the transaction box, your current Purchase interest and cash advance interest. It will be some thing like:

Purchase Interest 1.897%

Cash Interest 1.976%

Add these 2 figures together to get an average and divide by 2, then type it into this calculator found here:

http://www.shweb.pwp.blueyonder. co...Sheet_v1.9.xls

Do not use the spreadsheet on here, as it's for bank charges only. The calculator is very accurate. If you don't have your APR or % figures, call them asking what it currently is.

When you have your APR, type this into your spreadsheet on each charge. It is not uncommen for people to have an APR of 34%...

Hope this helps

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers