Greetings!!

Boogbuster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all...

My hubby has been slapped with almost £500 penalties.

He contested these and they came back with a less than acceptable offer.

If he chooses to press forward with this claim will they recall his £ 5000 loan which we have no way of repaying at the moment?:-(

They certainly shouldn't recall his loan in retaliation - and if they do then you will be able to complain about it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. But if you don't press ahead with the claim, they can still ask for their money back as long as they've got a good reason - so you might as well do it. In fact, in a sense, by claiming you make it less likely that they will recall the loan because then it will look like a retaliatory measure.

Personally, I don't have any outstanding loans or anything, but I am sure there are other people on here who do and who should be able to reassure you that HSBC haven't demanded repayment because of a claim.

If you are not in arrears with the loan then I don''t think that they can ask for the money back. I have 2 loans with HSBC currently and I have never been asked to repay them. I have just recently successfully claimed back my charges.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D