Nightstar V Barclays ***Nightstar WON****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, what an exceptionally informative site,thank you one and all for all your input and contributions,

I have sent both Barclays bank Current account DPA request last week, and Barclaycard DPA last week also, Can anyone please advise me as to what stage do I change bank accounts? as I have standing orders including mortgage etc and I dont wish to be caught out cold, any reply's will be most welcome,thank you.:confused:

LETS ROCK !!!:D :D :D

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I wouldn't change. Always have a 'parachute account' ready just in case but the banks have to give you a months notice to terminate your account and in that time you can transfer everything across. Barclays don't seem to be going down this road (yet) so it is likely that you won't need to change accounts at all

• Confused 1

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

Thank's blueskies,

after sending off both DPA's gave them a call to confirm reciept,which they both did, Barclaycard had the cheek to offer me first £20 and when I refused £40 there and then,informed Barclaycard that yes I will accept their offer of £40 but not as full and final settlement,account was credited immediatly :D But I am aware it aint over yet, infact the fun has just begun:)

What are the details of the claims or do have other threads I could look at?

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

details of the claims are basically getting stung on a monthly basis,going overdrawn £30 charges max 3 per month etc and a couple of late (not failed) payments with barclaycard,the thing that angers me most is who the hell do they think they are, ok I should stick to my credit limit but I only use my cashpoint card and they let me go overdrawn then sting me, if they were that concerned they would limit my withdrawal to the funds I have in,and not let me go overdrawn purposefully so they can profit from my bad finance management.:mad:

Update, recieved statements past 6 years well nearly!!!! (its June 06 now, they go back as far as Sept 00) sent off request 2/6/06,so not too bad responding to my request I suppose, mind you they were quicker taking my money from me:mad: well Ive had a quick shifty through them,only got through first 1/2 dozen pages and runs upto nearly £150, :o ,I'd recommend anyone does this, not just to put right a wrong but to see in a logical way how much they rip us off:( it really is quite shocking to see 3 paid referral entries at £20 a go,one after the other (£20 a go in 2000). I am going to make a coffee and scrutinize them this evening, and I know it's going to be quite painful, how dare they:mad:

Hope you have fun, I can't wait to see how much I can get back, I added up the last 6 months and it was over £500 so in 6 years I'm expecting quite a bit, sent my DPA last week so should hopefully get the statements this week.

Hek:p

Okay then, spent a couple of hours last night and totalled up the charges, the Grand total of.................£2265 squid!!!!!!! am absolutly Gobsmacked.:mad: :mad: .plus Intrest, the EDIT so'n'so's...LBA,will be despatched forthwith,It's Gloves Off and Lets Boogie..:-D Going on me Hols thursday 22 June for 14 days so should expect a response for when I get back, Now which way too the Library.........

**Moderator note, post edited due to some libelous content.

OOOOPS!, In all my haste I wish to clarify a couple of points if anyone can get back to me with some useful feedback it will be much appreciated.

Sent letter to Liecester:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please send me a comprehensive list of all the charges that you have made to my account in the past six years, showing the date and amount of each charge,and a description of what it was for. I make this request using my rights under the Data protection Act and expect your response within 40 days.

I telephoned them and they confirmed reciept of this letter and yesterday I recieved my statements.

Q1. I have not mentioned the manual interventions bit,does that matter?

Q2. Do I go forth and request my money back,or do I send another letter to clarify manual interventions?

Q3. Do I send letter to their Head Office,HO Customer Relations,1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP,(thats where my statements come from(I think).

Hi redcorvette,

Yes I sent mine to Liecester, they have many different address sites, but the one I got a response from is: Barclays Bank PLC,

retail banking and customer relations dept,

Leicester LE7 2BB

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Hi Nighstar - I wouldnt worry about a specific manual intervention request. Most banks don't (can't) prove this anyway and if your bank raises it in its defence to any proceedings they will have to produce that information at any hearing (not that there will be one) or in reply to a request from you (see any thread about Part 18 requests)

Just go straight to LBA once you have calculated your charges. Then when you get the sod off letter (or 50% offer and sod off for the rest) just issue the claim.

Best of luck :)

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

hi all, just back from sunny Cuba after 2 wonderful weeks hols, no sooner than I arrived back I opened my mail and low and behold Barclays have sent me an offer of £635 as full and final settlement (you know the one, where they dont admit theyre not at fault but as a gesture of goodwill,blah blah blah) any ways I havent even asked them for a refund as yet I have so far only requested my statements and roughly worked out they have fleeced me for approx £2500 plus 8%... anyways I am going too send them a letter stating that I will accept their offer as part payment etc etc,

PS was hoping to sort this out before my hols but was too busy,as I had 101 things too do!!!!:)

Please Advise...........I have worked out what I have been ripped off for past 6 years, but do I request refund with 8% or do I ask Bank to refund me without intrest until I go too court if they wont cough up? Advice would be most appreciated. thank you

There are 2 instances of interest you can claim

1.When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back, but it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet, (the 2nd one), in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

This is the interest reffered to in the prelim and LBA.

2. 8% interest on your claim, but only when you submit a claim at court. Don't add this interest before. The 1st spreadsheet calculates this.

Hi can any one help me further? i have jusr received 6 yeard bank statements from my bank and the total they have charged me is £3090.00!! quite a shock to say the least. My question is, what or wher do i go next to put in to claim my money bank? nay help would be appreciated as i don't want to go about it the wrong way

thankyou

Look in the library for the step by step guide, also read the FAQs and take time to read the other posts on the site.

You need to send them the preliminary letter asking for your money back. This gives them 14 days to reply. You will almost certainly get back a standard response saying we are sorry you are not happy but you you agreed to our terms and here is a booklet about complaints. At your 14 days you send them the Letter Before Action LBA.

Just follow the step by step and ask questions if you are unsure.

Good luck with your claim

Spotty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Statement request 4th May

Prelim Letter sent 24th May

LBA 7th June

Thanks but no thanks letter sent 22 June

MCOL 22nd June

Claim acknowledged 26 June

AQ sent 2nd August

17 Nov Court Date Set for 29 Jan 2007

Settled in full 12/12/06

LBA Sent today with breakdown of all charges levied to my account and 14 days notice to respond otherwise court action, letter sent recorded delivery, can anyone enlighten me as to what the next step usually is from the bank? sent LBA to London,Head Office, to Lawrence White, awaiting reply's any advice very much appreciated. thanks

I am currently in the same position as you, they said 'here's £285 2 bug*** off', so i said, 'thank you, that will do for now and i will persue for the rest', im giving them 14 days from the date the LBA letter was sent before i complete a Money Claim online form - hope that helps?

• Confused 1

Awaiting reply early days yet, thanks for the advice, will look to open parachute account mon next week, already told many friends family and people in general about this website,and how fantastic you all are, Crack On with the good work, cheers:)

Hi just keeping y'all posted on developemnts so far, after despatching my LBA and copy of all bank charge's, I have had no reply by letter as yet, however got home last night and someone from Barclays had left a message on my answere phone for me to contact them, will ignore all communication by phone awaiting a letter... has anyone else had this scenario? or is this a first???:D