b8byd v Barclaycard **WON**

b8byd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Don't pin your hopes on it, cos they will ;)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Update...

Yesterday I received notice that Barclaycard will be filing a defence.

However, today I've received a letter offering £500 short of my entire claim in full and final settlement. I'm very tempted to accept as this will more than clear my Barclaycard balance, but i'm also inclined to hold out for the full amount.

The thing that troubles me about rejecting their offer is having to fill out more court forms and documents, and it being a long drawn out process?

Can anyone tell me what they think might happen next if I reject?

Thanks

b8byd :D

OK- what you should now do is accept the amount offered as part payment on the understanding that you will continue your claim for the return of the balance of your money unlawfully debited.

You've won. Do you think they would offer you anything if they thought they were in the right?

Just sit tight. They will come back with a full offer of settelment before the case ever comes to court.

They always do this.:D

• Haha 1

Hi B8byd,

Because you're claiming CI here, I don't think they will back down so readily.

Also, UKAviator warned in post #50 not to let BC split up your claim. I think you should have rejected the offer and told them to take back any credit they made to your a/c, thus keeping your claim whole.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news...... I got a letter last week offering the total value of my claim!!! I didn't quite believe it, but the cheque arrived yesterday. I'm over the moon.

Thanks to everyone on this site for their advice and support.

Could a mod please move me to the 'won' section?

Happy Easter!!!!

b8byd :D

Hi B8byd,

I'm absolutely delighted for you and Congratulations.:D

I'll get your titled changed to show you've **WON**

Please make a donation to the Site to help others on the same path, thanks.

Please send me by PM your litigation details, Namely:-

Bank

Claim No

Amount claimed including CI

Date you were paid

Thanks