Jump to content

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :A right old pickle!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I feel like im up the creek without a paddle and so any advice would be most welcomed.


I moved into a rented place in feb and contracted until October. There is no living room in the property, merely 4 separately rented bedrooms with their own locks. All the tenant moved in at different times.


To cut a long story very short, I suspect that my 'landlord' in facts rents the property himself. I also suspect that the person he rents it from actually rents the property from the council.


when I approach my 'landlord' over this situation, he says that he is managing the property for the owner.


To make things worse, the landlord is doing things like threatening to throw out all my stuff if I am more than a week late with the rent. He once marched me down to the bank to take money out for him. Each room in the flat has a lock on it - I came back from the shops a few weeks ago to find him snooping around my room having let himself in.


I'm sure that the law must protect me somehow. This guy doesn't seem to pay any attention to laws however and so until I can afford to get out of here, can anyone help me out with a little advice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am afraid no matter what kind of advice we can offer, do you think your "landlord" would take any notice? You yourself smell a rat. Any steps that you may want to take, can endanger you or expose you and your possessions to mis-treatment.

Landlord or an agent must not enter your room without your permission (tresspass), threaten you in any way (harassment, illegal eviction). Subletting of social housing is very often strictly prohibited.

You are on a very thin ice- I would suggest you contact your local council's housing advice service in order to find cheapest way of getting away from current mess. Some councils run deposit schemes or have a list of l/lords who'd accept tenants with a local authority security bond.

You can try Shelter: Advice services directory to find your local point of help.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does your "landlord" live in the property himself also?

7 years in retail customer service


Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years


By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.


Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.


Please click the star if I have helped!!

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...