Duffers mum v Sainsburys Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hows this going DM

Ssshhhhhh... ;) don't want to tempt fate..... Currently receiving a monthly or bi-monthly "we have asked the original lender....blah blah blah...account on hold until they provide it....letters...Hoping the original lender has trouble finding it for the next 11 months! Will keep threwd updated as and when!

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow a long time since my last update on this thread....I can't find the subsequent thread so am using this one.

After sainsburys sold this to Cabot I stood my ground. they sent what they said was a compliant CCA, I disagreed....they sent it again and again, it was a recon. They eventually sent what they said was the original i signed. I kept saying it was not compliant as had various sets of t&c's. It went on for years. Cabot eventually handed it over to Cabot Marlin. They kept Writing saying they were trying to get the copy of my CCA. However this fell off my credit file a couple of years ago now...last week I received a letter from Cabot Marlin saying they are unable to get a copy of my CCA so cannot resolve and are therefore removing the account from their collection procedure and I will not hear any further friom them. It should be statute barred this summer in any case, but I'm so glad I took advice from people on CAG and never waivered, although I cam close a couple of times during their intense threatening letter stages.

Latest update...

Last week I received a letteri from Cabot Marlin saying they are unable to get a copy of my CCA so cannot resolve and are therefore removing the account from their collection procedure and I will not hear anything further friom them. It should be statute barred this summer in any case, but I'm so glad I took advice from people on CAGicon and never waivered, although I came close a couple of times during their intense threatening letter stages.

Thanks for all the help and advice over the past 6-8 years (yes it really was that long)! I have also updated the other thread I had on this in case people were subscribing to that one and not this!

Be aware that Cabot will sell it on. Keep their letter safe

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Duffers mum, I have merged both your threads as requested. Although it will make for a long read. It might be an idea if you post a summary at the end of this thread so people don't have to trawl backwards.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Im glad you finally have a resolution to this absolute mess. I wonder if theres anyway you can go after the DCA' for their vindictive and harassing practices.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 years later...