Lloyds make offer then dont pay?`

tlrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been claiming £130 from Lloyds. On the 3rd July they wrote to me telling me that they were going to pay me £750 as full and final settlement to my claim and it would be credited to my account within ten working days. Ten working days would have been Tuesday just gone.

It hasnt been credited and I cannot contact them. The telephone number for the service recovery centre in Andover is constantly busy and thier message service doesnt work.

It all seems a little strange to me. Any ideas?

No thats right. Thats why I find it so strange that they offered to settle for £750. I didnt question it at the time because I just that if they wanted to pay that much its up to them.

If they have sent a standard letter and have made an offer do they have to honour it?

Where does that leave my claim? Will they then just credit the £130 or will I have to continue to court?

Exactly the same has happened to me. I claimed for two separate charges in two separate accounts. I got the letters and one charge was paid immediately the other has gone well past the 10 days and still hasn't been paid. The charges were for less than your's - still waiting for £240.

I couldn't get through to them either. Tried the usual Lloyds number as well and they said it's a major problem no one can get through to Debt recovery and there is 'no other number'. Total shambles. I've had to write another complaint letter and now wait another 28 days for a reply.

I suspect as you probably do that they've sent you a standard letter and have now realised their mistake. You could fax them to see what's going on.

Or wait and see what someone else in the know here thinks. I'm not sure how things stand seeing as they have made you an offer and you have agreed to it :confused:

Good luck

You can't get through to them at all. It's engaged all the time (purposely I guessed) and the facility they have to leave a message doesn't work.

Don't bother with the fax - I sent two and they ignored both. I'm so mad at them for offering the payment and then not honoring it. They are unbelieveable!

The number rings through to an automated service. Then tells you that all lines busy and asks you to leave a message. After the message has been left it says that the message box is full and the message cannot be stored.

If they're sloppiness means they have to pay over the odds then so be it. They've been ripping people off for years.

Would a court uphold the offer? Or could Lloyds claim some kind of pitiful defence.

Thanks for all your help on this everyone!

As far as im aware they are under no obligation to honour the offer. It would also be apparent that you cannot use the offer in any court proceedings. Its just a simple mistake they make due to sending out standard letters.

I would say they will pay up your claim in full but no more, maybe within 3 weeks, thats the kind of timescales im hearing as they have also agreed to repay mine.

Added - Rumour has it they may be making a batch of settlements tomorrow, dont quote me on that though!

It's 5 weeks now since we got the letter and they haven't paid or acknowledged anything. So now I'm having to go through it again for the final half - court proceeding will have to start even though I got a full offer. I just can't understand why they'd offer then not see it through. It wasn't even the standard £750 letter.

Send them a chase along with a copy of their offer. Id be quite stern and say failure to pay up within 14 days will now result in me taking you to court, this will then add fees on to the amount owed.

That should get them moving, remember always chase them up as they have probably got thousands of them!

hi all

i couldnt get through either so i phoned the head office number and told them about the telephone system at andover not working, they sent them an email for me with my ref no asking them whats going on with my claim and thats when i recieved the standard letter of 750 quid.