Chad v GE Money

purmashc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help,

I will keep it brief.

The account statements are not available. I have sent them a letter for non compliance and complained to the Information Commissioners Office. The reply was the same that GE Money have not got statements therefore can not pass them to me.

I want to start court procedure, i now when the account was opened and when it was closed. So is it alright to assumme that they charged me fees per month.

Any help will be good.

Thank you

chad

I want to start court procedure, i now when the account was opened and when it was closed. So is it alright to assumme that they charged me fees per month.
From what you remember, is that a reasonable assumption?

It is not standard CAG advice to make a claim based on estimated charges but you might try a claim based on a reasonable assumption and see what happens - it's up to you. In our claim we estimated a few of the charges as they had lost some of our statements.

GE Money usually pay up pretty quickly (ie before LBA) on simple cases (by simple, I mean ones without interest - whether they would consider estimated charges as 'simple' I can' tell). No harm in going through the first couple of 'rounds' to see how they respond. They might suddenly 'find' your statements, you never know.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.

Hi Chad. Am I right in thinking that you have had success with Ge Money? I need a little advice. I have had a Laura Ashley Card with them before 2001 and have had a number of last payment charges during that time. I sent them an SAR and received a letter just listing the dates and amount over the last 6 years. I have worked out that they have charged 29.9% annually/ 2.49% monthly on each late payment charge. Is it correct to reclaim + this interest on a monthly basis as they have. Would appreciate yours or anyone else advice onn this. There is quite a difference in the amount of money they have added onto my account becuase of this. Many thanks.:confused:

Hi folks an update,

I had two accounts on one of them they eventually paid up all charges not the interest. I acceppted the refund as an partial payment. However they responded in letter that because they can not find two or three statement s for the account they will assumme that there was a charge in the months hey can not provide statements.

On the other account they can not find any statement s and that is they finally word on the claim for that account. They say that from the limited amount of information for the account they assumme no charges at were leived.

My assumtion that the charged me every month on that account is hugely exaggerated but i really don't have a clue how much they have charged me because have not statements to go from.

So what to do. Claim every month the account was opended or leave it.

You can claim interest on charges but often don't get it is my advise on claiming interest on charges

Still waiting for advice.

I have had no further contact from GE money for a while. I have sent them letter after letter asking for clarification. They say they can not forward any statement details to me as they do not have them.

Besides guessing the amount they have charged me which is impossible as i have no statements at all for the account.

I have told them that i will take the matter further, ie Court action but is that the best step.

Because all i can do is claim the charges under the assummption they have charged me for every month that the account was opened.

I know this was not the case but don't know another way of reclaiming the money.

Please advise me . Any one