Whats this then!!

..VeNoM..
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi peeps, new to this forum and thought it was a good time for me to say "Hi". I recently had some money credited to my account but some unknowen company... I was not aware of anyone crediting my account, how long would it take for them to claim it back (can they claim it back?). The money has been sitting in my account since the 13/06/2006 - I'm tempted to use it now as i have heared nothing, not even a letter from the bank :eek:

Well anyway what do you all think? :cool:

I havn't got the foggyest!??

Does the account credit appear with a reference code attached. this might help you trace it. you should speak to your bank. if this money has appeared in error then it could disappear again at a time your not expecting it and cause you bank charges!!

welcome to the forum

You have to be very careful when money "appears" in your account as legally, if you use it, you have to show that you really did think the money was for you. ie. you were owed it by someone etc Best thing to do is call your bank anhd ask them to find out a bit more about the transaction.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!

It would be foolhardy in the extreme to do anything with this money other than advise the bank that you don't recognise it. Technically spending money that you know isn't yours is theft. In practice that's very unlikely to be pursued but the bank will recover this money from you when they figure out their mistake.