• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

Have been following other threads and think this is such a great site and definately one up on huge capitalist organisations who tread constantly on

us worker ants.

So far...

I have followed the stages and have arrived at the defence stage. They seem to have sent in the standard defence but have dispensed with the AQ, what does this mean?

Do I need to do anything now or just sit tight? What about the £100 that you normally send in with the AQ? When do the court require this? and will they let me know when they need it?

Thank you in advance for all your help x:)

Hi Rabble

I presume the letter you got was from court. The allocated questionare has been dispensed with because of the large amount of claimants.

Have you recieved a date for the hearing yet. When I got mine the directions on what you need to send to the court and bank and the date they have to be in for will be in your letter.

There is no mention of a payment but I am going to ring the court to ask if it is payable at the same time I send my bundle.

You can ring the court if your not sure of anything and they will tell you what to do. Hope this is some help to you

The people on here are brilliant at giving you information to help you out.

Good Luckicon14.gif

Hi there,

thanks very much for the reply. I haven't rang the court yet but intend to over the next few days, did you ring the court?

Incidentally, YB have sent a letter tody offering £795 in full and final settlement of the claim....only about 4K short so will be declining their generous offer. It's going up though, sent a letter a few weeks ago offering £200... what a cheek, It's my husband's money they have in their possession not their's. we'll have it all back thanks x

Hi

Ive had my case transfered to the local court and rang them to see if I had to send anything. they said to wait for directions and date from them. I have got this,but no mention of payment, so I think I will have to ask them.

I have also had an offer of 200pounds and 2 weeks ago got a letter saying they were reviewing my case. I am claiming £1840 charges, probably get daft offer like yours. Will keep you updated with any offer I get.Seems they keep delaying till the last minute but pay out in the end.

Just to keep you all updated, the court wrote this week and asked for their £100 allocation fee which has been duly sent via recorded delivery.

I hope this means that they are procedding with my case and not awaiting result of test case...

x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rabble,Sent my bundle to YB on thursday by registered post so would get it Friday, and took one for court in on Friday.The deadline was today and I have recieved nothing from the bank. Rang court and they haven't either and said to ring on Thursday in case delay was due to postal strike,(I dont thinl so).YB stated in a letter that they will apply for a stay, it seems a few people have got the same letter but I found a template giving the bank a further 7 days to send me their bundle and I think I will send this as well. I will keep you posted.

alex

Hi again,

to keep you all updated and just need to ask about the directions I have been sent...

So far....

I received directions from the court as follows:

1. Each party shall deliver to every other party and to the court office copies of all documents( including experts' reports if the court has given permission for expert evidence to be used) on which he intends to rely on at hearing.

2. Copies to be delivered by 30th August 2007

3. Original documents to be brought to hearing

4. Signed witness statments setting out the evidence of all witnesses ( including expert witnesses if permission has been given to use them) on whom each party intends to rely shall be prepared and copies included in the documents mentioned in para 1. This included the evidence of the parties themselves and of any other witnesses whether or not the witnesses are going to come to court to give evidence.

5. Court to be informed immediately if case is settled.

That's it,

Can anyone shed any light on all that about witnesses, do I need to do anything? I havn't included any witnesses on my case, do I just need to include a statement of evidence in my bundle? Any help appreciated.

I also sent a letter this week via recorded delivery objecting to the bank's plan to request a stay. Next day I received a letter from the court giving notice of trial ( 11 October, looks like a bundle are going to be heard). Looks like they are going ahead with claims in Middlesbrough County Court. x

Hi

thats like the letter i got.i found a statement of evidence on here and copied it using the parts that suited my case.still not got any bundle from YB. probably wont get one, never heard of anyone who has but i did send a letter giving them 7 days to comply.wont hold my breath.

alex

Hi Alex,

is it a statment of evidence needed for number 4? Have you got a court date? I was hoping the bank would try and settle prior to needing to hand in the bundle.

The test case seems to be the one and only excuse the bank are giving for everything , even non compliance with SAR's

x:evil:

If you PM your email address to me I have some that I can send you along with the info on CYNthesys.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi Rabble,

My court date is 26th October,I took my bundle on the 10th August deadline was 13th. still no bundle from YB.

The court say they havent got one either, but said they are behind with paperwork. I sent a letter to YB giving them 7 days to send me their documents but they ignored it. Going to send a letter to court that I got on here. At least it shows the court that YB are messing about.

alex

Have now posted my bundle off, no bundle of course from Yorkshire bank. Will give them til Friday then will post off non-compliance thingy. Sorry Caro but your in box is full so couldn't e-mail my e-mail address to you:cry: Will keep you all posted x

Sorry rabble. Probably not a problem with what you have anyway - and the likely outcome.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can anyone help me decipher the latest letter I received from the court today.

1. It has stayed my case ( no surprise there) until 31st October 2008 or outcome of test case decided ( whichever is sooner) so a small light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Each party may apply to lift the stay ...

4. If no application is made to lift the stay or seek further directions before the claim shall stand dismissed without further order. Can anyone help with this point? Does it mean my claim will be dismissed if I don't apply for a stay? Help:shock:

4. If no application is made to lift the stay or seek further directions before the claim shall stand dismissed without further order.

Is this the exact wording? Usually it says something like :

If no application is made to lift the stay or seek further directions within 1 month of the dates in clause 1, the claim shall stand dismissed without further order.

ie once the test case has been decided and you don't apply for the stay to be lifted or further directions within 1 month, then the claim will be struck out.

Hi,

Can anyone help me decipher the latest letter I received from the court today.

1. It has stayed my case ( no surprise there) until 31st October 2008 or outcome of test case decided ( whichever is sooner) so a small light at the end of the tunnel.

3. Each party may apply to lift the stay ...

4. If no application is made to lift the stay or seek further directions before the claim shall stand dismissed without further order. Can anyone help with this point? Does it mean my claim will be dismissed if I don't apply for a stay? Help:shock:

I suggest that you phone the court for clarification about what this means, although maybe you should just apply for a stay anyway. The application for removal has been updated. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820

There is also a court bundle being prepared to back up the applications.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/114505-bundle-stay-hearing.html#post1134427

• 1 year later...

Hi there, can't believe that my time hopefully has come around again. I would like to apply for my stay to be lifted, is there anything new I need to know or is it just a question of ringing the courts and asking for the appropriate form? I have until the 31st of October to submit my application. Cheers ... x