Help Needed - I've got a summons...

mrdonk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello again all,

I've received a summons this morning from Northampton for a defaulted HFC credit card. About two weeks ago I sent a CCA request. I received it within a week - it was my signed and countersigned application form and a copy of the T+Cs dated three years after my application. I have noticed that my credit card application shows no reference to T+Cs therefore it's difficult for me to counterclaim for unlawful charges because my application form has no terms and conditions attached. In fact it makes no reference to T+Cs whatsoever.

any idea how i should proceed with a defence? The CCA request seems incomplete to me - although it is my signed application form and has been signed by the bank about one month after the account was opened there is no reference to the information required by the CC Act.

oddly they have removed the 1.1K collection charge they initially claimed.

is it worth pursuing this or should i just admit the debt and offer a token payment?

thanks.

Get the document scanned (cross off all your personal details) and get the experts here to look at it...to see if it is valid....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Try again.....apparently using photobucket is a good way....I think you need to save it as a jpeg file...

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

2nd attempt...

arrrrggghhhh.... why is it saving it as a thumbnail - what am i doing wrong? the version i have on my computer is much larger!!!!

cca.jpg

Hi Mr D.....i'm not very good on the tecchie stuff (can someone help please ?)....but it looks initially like an application form and not a properly executed agreement....