Strange Phone Calls

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a very strange telephone call today, well 3 actually but I missed the first two lol. I happened to miss a call to my mobile at 12.00 from 08703302522 and then again at 1500, so I decided to do a little detective work cos I know all the DCA's n stuff use em to catch u out (been reading up on here lol) and the only thing I could find on them was a article on another website about em being Yes Loans and that I must have filled in an application online. Having not filled one out I decided to answer the next time they called, which they did at 1948. The conversation went something like this -

"Me Hello (nothing for 15-20 seconds then)

THEM Yes can I speak to ****** *******

Me Can I ask who's calling please

Them It's ****** (first name only) and Im calling about a letter, are you ****** *******

Me I think you have the wrong number" (hang up)

Who on earth are they??? Does anybody know? Im assuming it's a DCA and I will admit that I have been buring my head in the sand for about 6 years (very bad time, very long story) and Im only just starting to sort myself out after joining this site and getting the courage to face up to it all, but surly this cant be legal, they did'nt identify which company they worked for and it's obviously not a private number (lots of office noise in the background) and besides which they were calling my mobile and no-one has the number.

Think I might have to change it, can anyone tell me who uses this number I tried saynoto0870 but had no luck.

Any info or advice is greatly appreciated.

The 08703302522 number is something to do with yes loans, if you are getting calls from this you have likely applied for a loan through them. What evr you do do not pay money to yes loans up front, they tell you have a loan and you have to pay a £50 admin fee for the loan to be processed. This is not true and the vast amount of people who pay never get a loan, just google their name and read some reviews! This company needs to be on watchdog!! OOh and they always hang up when you answer, the idea is to get you to phone back and cost you money, sowatch out!!

Thats all I could find about the number!!!!

Tip us a wink on my scales if you think I may have helped at all;)

Yeah tried that, got an article on another website also had 08703302521 as another number possibly used by YES, checked my phone and that no had rung me last week as well lol.

I just don't get why (if it is YES loans) did'nt they tell me and said all that rubbish about a letter?

Not gonna ring back an 0870 number and i am fairly certain i will gaet a recorded msge saying " thanks for calling one of our representatives have been trying to get in touch with yoiu and will try again soon". saying that though i just checked it and it just goes dead, spose it is after 23.00hrs (lol)

I had a strange phone call, they said they were from british gas and started going on about the boiler , did i need it repaired or replaced etc . From the off I didn't even believe he was from british gas. Then he goes on to ask how long have I had the boiler, how long had I lived there at the address .

At this point, we know the real question is how long I've been at the address and nothing to do with a boiler . He was all polite up until the point I told him he was no representative of british gas, went and put the phone down on me after shouting about not having proof as to who I was either .

Didn't even give me the chance to put to him the onus of proof of identity was on him the caller .

I have had several unsolicited calls from The Funding Corporation "about the loan you wanted".

I suspect that their system dials random numbers, because my landline is genuinely ex-directory, and is set at BT's system to always show up on caller ID as unknown, so they haven't got it from me calling anyone. Only family and close friends have the number.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

just thought i'd add to this topic! It's now 15.35 and i've had 8 calls from the 08703302522 number, really making me annoyed! The first few times I answered there was either silence and then they hang up or a busy office noise and then they hang up. On one occasion the said they were calling from direct debt solutions! I asked them to stop calling, let's see if it works .... i'm not holding my breath!

he he he just 141'ed em and rang em again, id'ed themselves as a company called "Direct Debt Solution's" any more info on them? gonna google em now lol

Direct Debt Solutions Let us Deal with your Debt Direct | Home Page

I just entered in the check box that I had 1 pound in debts and 1 creditor, apparently they can get me a discount and arrange a payment plan..? LOL! :lol:

Direct Debt Solutions Let us Deal with your Debt Direct | Home Page

I just entered in the check box that I had 1 pound in debts and 1 creditor, apparently they can get me a discount and arrange a payment plan..? LOL! :lol:

You should send them a CCA.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

i got a call from this number on way home from work. answered it and they hung up.

Google the number with no spaces...Regards, Dave.

i did that and it lead me to this thread...

i hope they call again, because i aint calling them back. but if i answer and they start talking, thats when i hang up!

deafandy vs welcome finance - ding ding!

I have also been receiving strange calls, namely texts sent to a landline. I use ICSTIS to find out who the provider is which is useful and I found that OPAL was one and phoned them to report the person using the mobile to send texts, as I work in a government office they were not best pleased and promised to do something about it, maybe they will or maybe they won't but it was worth a try. I would like to know how they got my direct line at work though?

I looked up the number given on here and it is provided by THUS Plc.

Just for info, if you've ever wondered about "silent" phone calls, I asked pmhcfc about these annoying phone calls where when you answer, it takes for ever before anyone speaks to you and he gave me the following info:-

Auto Diallers

A software programme that can be used to automatically call thousands of numbers from a phone list or database. An auto dialler can usually be configured to leave messages for people on answering machines, receive touchtone or recorded responses, or simply dial the telephone numbers for an operator or agent. A system that performs a call transfer to an operator when a call is answered by a person, is called a predictive dialler. Auto diallers are widely used for customer support in call centers and telemarketing.

Just in case you were wondering:)

I have also been receiving strange calls, namely texts sent to a landline. I use ICSTIS to find out who the provider is which is useful and I found that OPAL was one and phoned them to report the person using the mobile to send texts, as I work in a government office they were not best pleased and promised to do something about it, maybe they will or maybe they won't but it was worth a try. I would like to know how they got my direct line at work though?

I looked up the number given on here and it is provided by THUS Plc.

Might be worth reading the messages on this thread ('another forum' - ;):cool:):

SMS Reminders

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

• 7 months later...

Just dragging up this old thread because I had two calls from this number this morning.

The first creature who answered was very 'estuary English', and just said: 'hello this is Elron how can I help you?' I asked the company name, and he hung up.

The second caller was clearly from Manchester, and said that he was calling from 'Consolidation Direct, responding to your enquiry'. I told him that I was positive that no such enquiry had been made. He said it would have been an online enquiry. Anyway, I told him that I wasn't interested and not to call again.

Neither my OH or I have made any sort of enquiry. Our phone number is ex-directory, and none of 'my' DCAs have it. My OH has had a couple of calls from DLC recently - are they sharing numbers?

• 5 weeks later...

0870 330 2522 - is Direct Debt Solutions, c/o baines & ernst, their address is lloyd street, lloyd street, manchester, m2 5be. Let me tell you they have rung me 18 times in less than a week and also over bank holiday - i have put a complaint in in writing and will take out a harrassment claim against them if they ring again. they are complete idiots and the guy i spoke to to get the address didnt even know who they were never mind the address - apparantly i have applied for finance over the internet - i dont think so - dont take this anymore - put it in writing and demand to be removed from their so called dialler system :evil:

DLC are a DCA. I suspected them because they had OH's mobile number and our landline, as it had been given to an insurer.

Since I last posted, this number stopped calling my landline. However, they then started calling my OH's mobile.

The record was 35 calls in one 12 hour period. This went on for days; even if she answered and said she wasn't interested, the phone would ring again a couple of minutes later. Because the Blackberry has a useful 'history' function, we now have a record of all the calls, and which will form the basis of a complaint to OFTEL, or whatever they are called today..