Is this happening all over the UK?

Guest Gertie100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6076 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Miserable, cold (14degs) damp and just plain unpleasant in Devon today.

Hope your right Kia, some sun would be nice

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was actually warm here today but cloudy and about hour ago chucked it down again seems the norm theses days if i send it to u lexy well not have it so ill have to fight you for it xxkia

Btw, please don't believe all the meejah pundits and Govt. spokespeople now saying that this is a direct result of 'climate change' - this is the aftereffects of El Nino, and was predicted by weather experts a few months ago (funnily enough, using the same meejah outlets that are now proclaiming that the End Is Nigh). In essence, this is the ripple effect of a really big hurricane/typoon's temper tantrum on the other side of the world. Little Boy sneezes and England catches a cold sort of thing. Shouldn't last much longer in meteorological terms. :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Its cracking the flags in Bradford too! :)

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

Guest Gertie100

Wonderful here today too - just about to pick up my desk and take it outside!

I did suggest that we all took today off and worked Saturday cos its bound to rain then!

Luvly Here too !!! :D :D :D

At last!!!

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Make the most of today, more rain this week. :( Had a look at the long range weather at the control tower earlier.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

You'll be the "glass half empty" kind of guy then Aviator;)

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Please, please stay out of that control tower, eh, UK !!!!! ;)

&

Btw, please don't believe all the meejah pundits and Govt. spokespeople now saying that this is a direct result of 'climate change' - this is the aftereffects of El Nino, and was predicted by weather experts a few months ago (funnily enough, using the same meejah outlets that are now proclaiming that the End Is Nigh). In essence, this is the ripple effect of a really big hurricane/typoon's temper tantrum on the other side of the world. Little Boy sneezes and England catches a cold sort of thing. Shouldn't last much longer in meteorological terms. :)

Hell of a quote but hey!! Had heard it was that woman's song Umberella that was jinxing us all - get it off no 1. O.K here today tho in Newark, clouds building for next spat it seems.

lol - I'm not saying that us doity parasites (human beans) aren't screwing the world over by pumping all our synthetic chemicals into the air and dumping all our toxic landfills underground - it's just that we have been due an Ice Age for about 4,000 years now, and as Earth's climate is cyclical (as are all things), this 'strange' (to us) weather is nothing unusual for a living rock that is billions of billions of years young. We're not doing her a favour, you understand; but it's typically arrogant of us parasites to assume that our actions are so hugely influencing that we can forever impair our whole planet's climate system...

Course, 'we' are to blame for the flooding of human habitations - after all, we built houses on flood plains and concreted/tarmac'd almost every scrap of land for miles around...can't blame Earth for spreading her waters out in the area they're accustomed to spreading out... :D

-----

:mad: With u there, had a lovely field over the back of us which good old local council and Mr Whimpey (no back handers of course) put about 40 plus boxes on. got rid of all the blackberries and pheasants and foxes etc. Couldn't care less about objections. Built on an area known as Springfields!! should not that ring alarm bells with prospective owners. Well probably not seeing as most are housing association or commuters from London etc. who wouldn't care about our suburban lifestyle. If one more complains about my chickens or bonfires. Thankfully no floods at our end yet tho plenty in surrounding - Trent and all that.

Hey everyone, I walked the whole of the West Highland Way in Scotland last week and the weather was great except for one morning when it tipped it down. That must be a record:D

Got back home Sunday and the brakes on my car had all but seized up with the volume of rain in the NE ... :eek:

We had a little patch of 'waste land' just over the road until a few months ago. It was in between houses and was obviously where an old house had been partially demolished and left to rot; it was abundant with fresh, green life, a paradise for little creatures and multitudes of insects. It was bordered with a very thick, high hedge of beautiful dark green holly (autumn-winter, sprinkled with the brightest red berries I've seen in a long time), which kept out the yobs and their litter, and it always used to brighten up my walk as I went past it, thinking of all the beasties that made it their home in the middle of the gross urban sprawl...

A building company moved in and cleared it two months ago. It's going to be four apartments with garages.

And yes, it is happening all over the UK/Eire. The Thornborough Henges and the Hills of Tara are more serious examples of modern life ravenously swallowing our green patches as fast as the tarmac can be quarried (Thornborough) and the motorways laid (Tara). Concrete depresses people. City air is bad for the lungs. Being close to roads all the time, with cars rushing here and there, increases stress. I don't know about some of you on here, but as soon as I get the money for it (don't care how long it takes), I'm moving to a log cabin in the middle of at least an acre of land, and I'm shooting anyone who so much as looks at my property whilst carrying a briefcase, mobile phone or PDA....

-----

Been thinking of that for a long time too - even a static would do. Love my animals , 12 chucks, 6 cats, 2 dogs, 5 rabbits, 5 guineas, 2 terrapins , fish etc. always wanted a cow and a pig. Good life here we come! An island would be better all that water between everyone an that.

Well, I've been meaning to look up a suitable island for when the Zombie Apocalypse destroys most of humankind. It's got to be fertile (so possibly a partially-sunken, extinct volcano), defensible, with one harboured entry point and a concealed or virtually impenetrable emergency escape route to the sea, and forested, for building and working materials. The Pacific Ocean can be quite deserted...think I'll start there... :D

-----

Only if you're prepared to dig your own privy every month and breed enough chickens for the occasional meat dish now and then ;) Depending on the size of the island, we'd need about ten healthy intelligent adults (five male, five female) to ensure safety and survival; at least one would have to have medical training, and any other with engineering/carpentry/agricultural skills would be a bonus... anyone else? :D

-----

Privy not a problem, been to rallies and all that, dunny's not savoury, field much better. Do mechanics count tho don't know how they would weld horse drawn ploughs without the electric. Must get a fit bloke to pedal the wheel to make that work. Interesting passtime! Meat no problem - snails, hedgehogs, squirrels, pigeons and crows apparently good grub. And them as well if you can hack it. some interesting fodder out there if you need to.

Do mechanics count tho don't know how they would weld horse drawn ploughs without the electric. Must get a fit bloke to pedal the wheel to make that work.

Mechanic'd do at a pinch, but we'd still need someone with at least a basic idea of trig, physics, engineering.

How would they weld a plough without electricity? Do I really have to answer that one, or have you had a good think and become ashamed of yourself in the meantime? ;)

-----