Evans v Natwest

housemusic12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I banked with Natwest yonks ago, how far back in time can we go to reclaim charges? I've just received a settlement offer (a full one) from Barclays for in excess of £3k so am happy with the process but just don't know how long we can go back and claim for? I'm thinking that my Natwest account was around 10 years ago?

Thanks

Housemusic

Hi housemusic, welcome to the nat west forum!

How far back you can go depends on certain things:

- do you have the account number?

- do you have the old statements?

If you can say yes to both of the above, you could pursue them immediately (although it wouldn't be easy!)

If you don't have the statements or account number, have a look through this thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/28533-how-find-account-number.html as it explains how you can tell nat west how to get hold of the details! Expect a bit of a battle with them though - quite a few peeps on here are struggling to get old statements from natwest. However, it should be a worthwhile battle if the statements finally arrive.

Best of luck, I'll watch this one with interest ;)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Have been told by Nat West that they can provide me statements that go back 10 years. My account closed in 1999 so they can give me statements for 97-99. 2 questions.

Are they being honest that they can go back 10 years or should I push for trying to go back further?

Can I claim back the charges on my account for 97-99?

Thanks

As zootscoot says in this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/81655-data-retention.html nat west actually hold your data back to 1992 - so push them to get as much info as you can. And yes - you can reclaim your old charges as well. It is more difficult - but it is achieveable! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks form the merge.

A quick question, if they have told me that they only have information/statements going back 10 years and my account was closed in '99, that would mean that there are 2 years of charges I could go for.

How can I push them for info going back to '92 if (as mentioned in the earlier post) they hold info going back that far?

thanks

A quick question, if they have told me that they only have information/statements going back 10 years and my account was closed in '99, that would mean that there are 2 years of charges I could go for. Depends on whether you had any charges in those two years to actually go after!!

How can I push them for info going back to '92 if (as mentioned in the earlier post) they hold info going back that far?

If you haven't sent them a SAR yet, I'd advise you to do so. Explain that you would like all data held in your name going back to 1992 - it's at least a starting point. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thank you. I have yet to send them a SAR. I have only verbally asked for the account number and told her that I wanted the ac no to access my statements and the lady I spoke with went ahead and ordered the statements saying that they could go back 10 years. Once I have the account number I shall send in a SAR. What would be the best address to send that to?

Thanks again.