style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just had a 72 hour notice that a bailiff will be visiting to remove goods from Chandlers Limited, i phoned them up and they said it was for un paid council tax from 2002, so i then contacted the local council who said that the debt was nothing to do with them and was from december 2002, the debt is £341.87 (however bailiffs say £384.37).

In short im worried majorly about this, and so is my wife, we are both suffering from depression and really dont need this at the moment.

Any help would be great, thanks

Tony

Sorry just thought i should add that i have been signed off sick since september 2006 for depresion and undegoing investigation into problems with my knees, i had 28 weeks of sickpay and income support as a top up, then had to change to incapacity benifit, however this was £6 more than i had before but the council nicely screwed me and my wife over by then saying they could only pay half the rent for us and 1 quarter of council tax, leaving us to pay £130 a month council tax!!!!!! and find an extra £340 for the rent, as a bit of a side question does anyone know if i can get back onto income support from incapacity as then the rent and council tax is paid in full, its a nightmare situation and if i didn't think it would take up years i would write all the details about it, but it goes well beyond belief.

Sorry i had also put this on the sticky thread and realised i should start a new thread, my head isn't with it at the moment :(

The first thing we need to know is if the bailiffs have been in touch with you before about this alleged debt. If you can giove us this information then it will be possible to give you the correct information.

If you've never let bailiffs in and have never signed anything to do with them, they can't just turn up, break in and take your possessions (Not yet, anyway). Have a read around the bailiff forum for what bailiffs can and cannot do. Also, if you are on benefits then the Council must give you the option of having a small amount docked off these each week - around £2 - £3 - to pay off the debt.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)