Help - Its Not Fair!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was issued with a parking ticket October time last year, for supposedly parking on a yellow keep clear marking outside our local college. However, when I realised I had been given a ticket I got out of the car and checked and I was definitely not parked on the marking, close I admit, but not actually on the zig zag lines, though my boot or the shadow of my boot may have been overhanging them slightly.

I wrote to the ticket issuer and explained this, and they wrote back saying that I was issued with the ticket for parking illegally and that if I dispute this then they would take me to court.

This morning I received a court summons (I actually had thought that the whole thing had gone away!!), telling me I am due in court for this offence on the 31st July.

I don't know what to do! I feel like a criminal when I genuinely was not parked there, and it is the traffic warden's word against mine.

Any advice on what I can do?

xx

POPPY07

Poppy,

Who issued the ticket, was it traffic wardens working for the police or parking attendants working for the local authority? My guess is it's the former, which means that you have been summonsed to a magistrates court. Would this be correct?

Poppy, the only thing you can do is attend court on the 31st July. If you don't the case will be heard in your absence and you will be found guilty. I would suggest you post in the parking section of PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice and see if anyone there can advise you of what evidence you may be entitled to be served on you prior to the case, as this is an area outside of my knowledge.