BankFodder BankFodder

cheddar

Cheddar Vs Natwest (round 2 ding ding!) ***WON***

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4523 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Aww thanks sally (btw its a character from Final Fantasy lol) it just makes me wonder though if all banks start doing this then there is going to be no point in moving anyway....and i have a £1k o/d that i simply cannot afford to pay back in one go although maybe that will be the best way.

Set up SO with another bank (if i can get an account with SO) for the loan and if they kick off over that then they will simply just be being unreasonable and pay arrangements to pay the o/d off. However am i not right in saying that they will not close the account until they see fit? And if they keep it open and past the 60 days then i wont be getting my money back anyway!!!

For the first time since i joined this site i actually feel like backing down :(

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Been training all day and a bit thicker than usual. What effect does the 60 days have?

If my advice has been helpful tip the scales

West brom SETTLED

Halifax current SETTLED IN FULL

halifax curent (2nd) stayed. Visa - SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

halifax for the 3rd time. LBA sent

Egg - SETTLED GE Money - SETTLED Barclaycard SETTLED twice

Sainsbury's - Awaiting court date

Co-op cc SETTLED IN FULL 2nd claim. Settled in full

National Westminster Settled in full. 2nd claim. N1 submitted

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

Their offer is open for 60 days:

If we have not heard from you by 22/09/07 we will assume that you are not willing to withdraw your complaint and do not wish to keep your account with us. We will therefore treat you as having selected Option 3 and will contact you at that stage regarding arrangements to close your account and giving you a further 30 days notice of closure.'

Not really sure what to make of all this tbh....

Ex CAG helper ^_^

This sounds like retaliatory action to me. Does anyone else have an opinion?

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

HFC bank SETTLED. HFC 2nd claim - lba sent 21/10/08 Time Retail N1 filed Argos settled in full Creation - SETTLED IN FULL

I fear we're about to see a lot more of this from nat west - particularly from claimants who are requesting refunds second/subsequent times round. And whilst IMHO it is retaliation, it's difficult to prove if somebody has signed something to say that they accept future charges. I'm sure Cheddar is aware of how I personally feel about their latest tactic - but I can only re-iterate what I've said previously, and that's to ensure a parachute account is opened elsewhere. However, this advice doesn't help cheddar in her current situation and I can only hope that somebody else can come up with some alternatives. Hopefully, Gizmo's advice may help with regards to the loan/overdraft. xx :confused:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yeah its a really tough cos if i don't answer and drop everything within the 60 days they will close it anyway....mind you it also doesn't say that they will give back the charges but i presume they would offset again the o/d anyway! Which is not a problem tbh!

But I don't have anywhere else to fund the loan, they really do stink this bank. I am considering writing to Branch Manager to outline my disgust, will take me a few days to come up with something though and I have plenty of aces up my sleeve with regards to the numerous times i have been utterly failed by my branch.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

I've received a second leter today after receiving the same as you previously regarding accepting a low 'good will' figure and being charged the £10 monthly fee to reduce future penalty charges to £17 rather than £28, the second letter is on my thread but here is a briefing..

In light of the test case...if i accept the good will it will be in full and final settlement and regardless of the outcome of the test case i am unlikely to receive further payment at a higher figure (or the remainder of my claim) even if the test case rules in the consumers favour. But it doesnt stop me claiming for any future charges.

If i do not accept their offer they'll assume i'm awaiting to hear the outcome of the legal proceedings with the OFT, this means the banks offer of £96 will expire and they will only reconsider my case once the test case has ended and respond in light of the ruling.

This then means it could be (depending on the test case outcome) i'm awarded nothing/ a smaller amount/ the same amount f £96.00 or my original full amount (£700 odd).

They do promise to act quickly once the test case is over (so nice of them!) but as we all now this case could go on for a very long time.

Whoop i got the letter i wanted ;) Same as before but revised as per the test case that i don't have to fill out section B (£10 fee, close account or cash account) and offering the full £164

I think in a way they know this is sneaky and underhand so are backing down a little, think the test case has scared them possibly?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Not sure if it's scared them - but it's probably made them realise that they wouldn't get away with it in the current climate though! :rolleyes:;)

Nice one Cheddar - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :D :D :D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Yup you're right hun and cheers! :p

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Make sure you spend it as unwisely as poss............ especially after the grief they've given you the past few days! xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hehe sounds like a good idea to me! Shoes ahoy...................!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Oh I'm so pleased for you.

congratulations then!!!

Does this mean you can now safely open an account elsewhere?

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Kerryp172 if it were me I would proceed to court as well as sending off appropriate rejection letter. As you probably know most of the courts are open for business as usual and who knows how many years it may be until the test case ends. All the best.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

Hmm over 2 weeks since we sent acceptance off and nothing yet, is timescale still 10-14 days? Do they pay into the account do we know?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Ring them and ask them whats going on. Little buggers.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Which number do i ring hun?

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Its ok got the old letter and rang them, she said I would have to wait 23 days from the date i sent my letter which was around 7th (i think lol) then to ring if i hadn't heard anything or got the money.

So another week or so to wait, they just love dragging things out don't they? Tsk...

Ex CAG helper ^_^

23 days seems like an awful long time. Its normally around 10 days. :mad:

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

I rang up after a week and cheque arrived 2 days later. THEN I complained to Financial Ombudsman as we settled day before court and am awaiting a reply.

West brom SETTLED

2nd visa LBA sent

It is a long time i have to agree and i said well have you even had my letter to which she replied that they don't make a note of whats coming in. Utterly pointless in ringing them imo... Not only that my banking is now upto date as of 28th and still no credit (i'm presuming they may credit the account) if they send a cheque i'll scream cos the last one i had took 2 1/2 weeks to clear, yes their OWN cheque!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Still nothing, this is beyond a joke now, I'm ringing them in the morning.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Cheddar this is ridiculous. It normally takes them 10-14 working days to pay up - certainly no longer than that. :mad:

When you ring them tomorrow, make sure you let them know that if you don't receive payment within x number of days, you'll be making a formal complaint to the Ombudsman about their unprofessional behaviour. :mad:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lmao just rang to be told they recieved our acceptance on 7th August and she said it should be into our account within 21 working days which is pretty much up. She was rather apologetic and took my mobile number, said they would pass it over to HQ and get someone to ring me within 5 days.

Everything I do with this bank gets cocked up I am so gonna dump em soon lol! Good job I don't get stressed easily tut!

ched

Ex CAG helper ^_^