Red Castle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5699 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Anyone have a debt with these?

My original debt was with additions and has been passed on to Red Castle from Naitonwide Debt Recovery.

Never heard of them before, just wondered what everyone's expeireince with these was.

Thanks

yes they are no better or worse than any other DCA although you may have to remind them when they ring you that there are certain security questions they should ask you before talking about your account. Since l pulled them up about their lax procedures they've been as nice as pie!

Have you asked for a copy of your CCA by the way?

No, whats that? lol - new to this forum.

I do have the debt from ages ago, and have paid them £120 so far and just set up a standing order.

Ive asked Red Castle to send me out a statement

Go here and use template N. Customise it to include your details / account number etc and send with a £1 postal order, recorded delivery to them.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Personally I dont sign the template as it gives them access to your signature and some DCA's could be naughty and try and use it. I leave mine blank but I suppose you could intinial it if you wish. Keep reciept of the postal order number and your rec delivery slip.

Also keep a copy of the letter you send.

Cheers for the advice, why do i need to request that? When i know i have the debt? Sorry im kinda thick, when ever ppl ask for money which i owe i just pay it, i thought it was that simple lol

Sorry I forgot to mention my advice just cost you £50 to read. You can CCA me to see if I have a legal right to collect this money or you can just pay me anyway because I claim to have the right.

basicly it will show if the DCA has a legal right to collect that debt or not. You can then go down other avenues such as claiming back unfair charges.

Sorry I forgot to mention my advice just cost you £50 to read. You can CCA me to see if I have a legal right to collect this money or you can just pay me anyway because I claim to have the right.

basicly it will show if the DCA has a legal right to collect that debt or not. You can then go down other avenues such as claiming back unfair charges.

Aaah i get you, i am ssooo thick haha!!

Thank you soo much for all your help, will get it printed off and sent asap.

Thanks again.

What happens if they dont have the right to collect the money? Can i claim all the money back ive paid.

One thing for sure, i will never get into debt again (well try my best lol)

There is an intresting thread started yestaday which explins how the CCA thing works. Basicly the DCA have 12 working days (+ a couple for delivery and processing, or from the signed for date) to reply to you and after that if they have not sent you a copy of your signed CCA you can if you wish hold there payments.

Read the thread to see how it works.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/106176-clarification-help-needed-cca.html

Of course you dont need to stop if your happy paying whatever amount your paying but its just a way to see if the DCA (Debt collection agency) really can demand money from you or if they are just bluffing you. Which if they can they will.

• Haha 1

Ive sent off that letter today with a £1 postal order :) sent it recorded delivery too.

So this time in 3 weeks i hopefully should of heard from them.

Thanks ever so much for all your help.

Just say the company had no right to collect the money, what happens then? Do i get back anything ive paid them? Does the debt then get passed on to someone else? I dont dispute the debt as i did it myself, i just want to know who owns it now and i will happily pay it, well as much as i can afford each week/month.

The lack of a consumer credit agreement does not mean the debt does not exist so you are not going to get the money back you have paid. The lack of a credit agreement just means that the debt is unenforceable.

Any monies that have been paid toward the account would be deemed as have being paid voluntarily.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Just been thinking, this was a online debt i had. Would additions have sent out a credit agreement for me to sign and send back? The debt is from a couple of years ago so cant remember lol.

I've got a credit card applied for on line l certainly did not sign any paperwork for it very slack IMHO

Depends when you took the agreement out. 2004 onwards electronic signatures are acceptable if the whole process was done online.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 11 months later...

I am having some difficulties with this lot at the moment over a debt I am contesting.

As well as the standard letters, they have started calling my parents house and harrassing my mother. When my mother refused to give them my mobile number, they said "in which case they would continue calling my parents house and slammed the phone down on her"

• 2 months later...

I went against the usual advice and phoned Red Castle after they phoned my parents' house again today. Spoke to a very pleasant gentleman who agreed that they shouldn't have the account since i'm still dealing with Littlewoods, however he did agree that it was uncommon for Littlewoods to do this.

It seems that regardless of the numerous letters you send to Red Castle, they don't actually read them - i've sent the CCA letter, telephone harassment letter and also the prized Bemused letter and they've chosen to ignore them all.

Good luck! x