• Tweets

• Perfect. Nice and brief and to the point. You don't bother to start telling your life story. Just the way it should be. Send it off. You have probably done enough reading to understand that it won't make any difference don't start drafting your particulars of claim. Open an account with the MoneyClaim County Court system and start preparing. Post your particulars of claim here before you click it off. You may have noticed that at some point you will be asked if you want to go to mediation on this. We used to advise it but now we recommend that you decline mediation and go to trial. Your chances of success are much better than 95%. Going to trial will incur an additional hearing fee but of course you will get that back. However if you go to mediation, they will simply try to penny pinch and to get you to compromise and also they will sign you up to a confidentiality agreement and probably threaten you if you breach it. Not only that, if the mediation fails because you stand your ground, it will add additional delay while they then give you a date to go to trial. The best thing to do is to decline mediation – prepare for court hearing. Pay the extra fee. The chances are that rather than get a judgement against them they will then offer you a full settlement rather than go to court. If they do offer you full settlement then you will be obliged to accept it – but that's what you want. If they don't offer you full settlement then you will go to trial and there will be a judgement against them. Just so that you understand, our first interest is that you get your money back – but a close second is that it does go to trial and there is a judgement which we will then be able to use to help other people. Anyway as you should realise, we will help you all the way.
    • I sent a parcel to Singapore but i spelt the address incorrecltly by 1 letter so the parcel couldnt be delivered and was returned back to the Uk but checking the tracking today the parcel had returned to the UK but is somehow on its way back to Singapore as the tracking says "Item leaving the UK"    Ive spoken ( tweeted) Royal Mail help who confirm that the parcel seems to be going back to Singapore and that if its not " Delivered" by the 29th of April theyll deem it as lost and will accept a claim but i cant remeber when booking what the compensation amount was but i dont think it covers the amount of the item.  As it was my fault that it wasnt delivered in the first place can i trey and claim the full amount back ? i think if i remember correctly it was £50 compensation but the item was £170 So the timeline is thus ...   22nd Of March .    Booked via P2G & dropped off a Post Office.  25th March arrives in Singapore and goes through customs ect ect 26th   Incorrect address and item is flagged as "return to sender" 28th Item leaves Overseas intenational processing centre 15th of April , Item is leaving the Uk (Again)   ?    
    • Post the NTK up here for the regulars to double-check. I highly doubt it's compliant with POFA though. Ignore the deforestation that comes unless it's ever a letter of claim. Any luck with the organ grinder?
    • Probably the case @lookinforinfo Also an update, I've got the registered keeper letter. Just to check that I continue to ignore it until PAP letter comes in?
    • Thanks very much Bank. I've now done a lot of reading and have drafted my Letter of Claim as attached. I look forward to your comments. 16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf16Apr24 draft Letter of Claim against Parcel2Go.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

1st credit and first direct

becky75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

some 7 years ago, i had a loan with first direct.

the loan wasn't paid as moved home, no money the usual and then pow!!! a year ago, 1st credit had obviously traced me on thier behalf and started to demand money.

i'm on a debt managemant plan and they were one of the first to accept regular payments from me, but just recently they've been sending out the letters - first they were going to make me bankrupt then now they notice i've got a mortgage and will put some sort of order against my home !! how kind! even though i've been paying them reqularly through my debt company.

is it all just 'hot air' as i keep being advised - can these people really keep threatening to do this to me ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is it all just 'hot air' as i keep being advised

Yes. In order to get a charging order the need first to get a CCJ. You can head them off at the pass by sending the CCA request. If they can't produce the copy of the agreement or if it doesn't comply with the Act they can't make a CCJ stick. If they can't make the CCJ stick they will never get a charging order on your home.

• Haha 1

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thank u all!!!

have found a cca letter and will send one out to these lovely people!!!!!!!

cant believe how much they get away with !!!

just wish the people that do my dent management thought to do the same!! could be saving me money!!!!!!!!!

Becky,

Are you paying for your debt management plan? Or are you with a charity like CCCS?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

unfortunatley the plan came with a cost - purely because was totally panicking at the time! got 2 small kids and didn't want them to end up with nothing!

which i thought people like these debt chasers had the power to do what they liked basically!

i'm also chasing up my bank charges now because been spending last few years robbing peter to pay paul and getting charges from everyone left right and centre! - been bit daft i'm sorry to admit. now i'm in this plan paying off thousands.

now its their turn for me to get tough with them!!!!!!!

Guest Fallenangel
I doubt wether they have a CCA or any written agreements.

1st Direct have informed me that anything over six years old they destroy.

Which means that 1st Credit won't have anything either!

Is that true??....

I have an old loan from first direct , from 1998 that I defaulted on in 1998, and now the lovely MCS have the account and, although I am paying every month they still send letters like " get in touch within the next 48 hours or it will be too late to avoid action" etc.....

Its for about 4K and am now thinking it would be a good idea to CCa them too....would they have doccuments from 1998???

Is that true??....

I have an old loan from first direct , from 1998 that I defaulted on in 1998, and now the lovely MCS have the account and, although I am paying every month they still send letters like " get in touch within the next 48 hours or it will be too late to avoid action" etc.....

Its for about 4K and am now thinking it would be a good idea to CCa them too....would they have doccuments from 1998???

Oh it's true. I have the letter in a secure location just in case they come back hunting again!

It's worth a CCA request and maybe even a SAR. 1st Direct didn't even cash my cheque for the SAR.

It's worth sending a letter and £1-00 for the CCA.

Guest Fallenangel

Ok thanks for that I will send one. GOD I WISH I had found this site YEARS ago.....the family and I have suffered for neigh on ten years with debt, butit looks like things are gunna change!!!

Fallen try and relax a little you are amongst some fantastic people here...I have the same attitude as you, I wished I'd have found this site ages ago....please do read through these forums as you get time you will certainly get to know more and more.....

Guest Fallenangel
Fallen try and relax a little you are amongst some fantastic people here...I have the same attitude as you, I wished I'd have found this site ages ago....please do read through these forums as you get time you will certainly get to know more and more.....

Am trying to relax, honest!!!:p

First credit have already taken me to court (2003/04) so I know what they are like..... and got a forthwith judgement against me for £3K. I had NO IDEA at that time what I was dealing with and paniced and paid it off.....it cleared me out completely but they had harrassed and scared me THAT much that I dint know what else to do!.....if ONLY!!........

Fallenangel,

Could you please start your own thread on this. That way you'll get more help and it is fairer to the OP.

Guest Fallenangel

Hi rory32, no problems, will start new tread with results of cca request .....if there is any!......good luck to becky75 hope you get it sorted!!

so today i had a litigation letter from 1st credit.

they're going to proceed against me unless i arrange a monthly instalment plan (i've been paying them since last year every month) or have a substantial reduction and pay a lump sum to them - love to !

so i call up the people that are meant to help and they say post the letter in - i ask what they've done since the last letter i had from them and they said - nothing just wait until they start to do something legal! - gee thanks let it get worse then act eh!

so i ask - cant i get a cca ? and she says yes they have to respond in a month!!! what !! thought 12 days??? and you have to send the request to the person that you had the debt with originally !! so do i ask first direct for the copy or first credit who they have now sold the debt to ?

she said let us know how you get on - if they wont give copy you still have to pay but they cant put charge on the house!! ............. but then she wasnt sure if it got quashed instead!!!!!

i so wish i'd found this site first instead of applying for people to sit on their butts instead! making me look like im just burying head in sand!

any help sooooooooooooooooo appreciated all xxxxxx:confused:

CCA 1st credit ASAP and head the letter in bold with 'I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY' enclosing a £1 postal order which is the statutory fee stating that this is payment for the CCA request and NOT to be used in payment against any alledged oustanding amount. Send recorded delivery or special delivery if you can afford it. Also ask for a full statement of your account which they have to supply free of charge.

The timescales for a CCA request are 12 + 2 working days, after which they default if they don't supply a true copy of your properly executed consumer credit agreement. At this time the account will be in dispute and they cannot ask you for any further payments. Then after a further calender month they commit a summary criminal offence if they do not supply your CCA. If this happens they cannot resume any debt collection activities unless they go to court with a proper CCA and get it re-instated.

Good luck,

BB

• Haha 1

thanks so much babybear!! a great help !!

looks like get on with it all myself eh!! this letter on about making me sell the house and everything!!!

and them lot well.................................

going for bank charges, reckon might give the credit cards a blast too!!!!

really appreciate ur help x:)

Hi there

I am having the same problem with 1st credit i have C.C.A,d them twice now and after being lied to on the telephone regarding none reciept of my letter regarding this matter.to which they responded to at my new address was laughable and they had also cashed the £5 cheque i had sent requesting the info.I am now writing another letter to request this info and am sticking to the 21 day deadline in my second letter to them.they have mentioned bankruptcy order they are applying to the court for but i dont think they can if they dont have legal ownership of the debt.

jackarl

• Haha 1