• Tweets

• Correct.   Engine heads are not considered consumable items - I don't think i should be looking for a deduction in cost due to wear and tear - especially since it is not a wear fault.? Life of a vehicle is also subjective. Saying that, its a well known make for reliability, and I know that other people own models from them have gone once round the clock. and still going strong so whats the yard stick?
    • I must also add that I do not wish to use the warranty, as it is pretty much useless, and the car had around 115000 miles when I bought it. it has not 1000 miles more. 
    • Thank you. What is the expected mileage of this vehicle? I think one might need to take into consideration that it has 36,000 miles on the clock and that you have enjoyed a further 2500 miles which means that it now has about 38,500 miles on the clock – is this correct? I think then you need to consider that mileage – 38,500 as a percentage of the expected life of the engine and that tells you something about the proportion of any settlement which you might reasonably expect
    • Hi there,   Thanks for this amazing forum. Please see below 1-  letter I sent to financing company in regard of issues and 2- their response.    What is the next step moving forward?    Thanks   1- LETTER SENT TO COMPANY ON 2ND DECEMBER 2021( BOTH BY EMAIL AND POST TRACKED DELIVERY)   Dear Blue Motor Finance Team,     I entered into a Hire Purchase agreement with you on the 27th of October 2021.     I picked up the vehicle, a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso EXCL BLU on the 30th of October. On my way back home, after driving it for over an hour, the seatbelt alarm for the middle row left hand side seat went off. It was unsettling and dangerous as the alarm went off several times for long periods of time, distracting my driving. There was nobody in that seat, nor any object leaning on it.    I also noticed last night that the clutch of the vehicle is slipping when engaged in gear and accelerating with emphasis. The engine revs up but the car does not react accordingly. This is a serious issue that needs to be fixed as soon as possible to avoid further and serious damage to the transmission. This issue only happens when the throttle is put down with emphasis in 4th, 5th and 6th gear. When the car is driven slowly, the issue is not noticeable at all and the car responds normally, hence the fact I had not noticed before.    I will not drive the car in order to avoid further damage to it.    This car was not of satisfactory quality at the time of sale and if it was, it has not remained in that condition for a reasonable period of time.    I would like to kindly ask you to provide a response in the next 7 days, as time is of essence here.    I bought this vehicle for work reasons and I do not have a suitable alternative vehicle. I would like to kindly ask for a replacement vehicle until the car is repaired. If this is not provided, I might need to rent a vehicle for work. If this is the case, I will be looking for a reimbursement of the expenses incurred in doing so as well.   As I am within six months of the date of purchase, I am asserting my rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and I am providing you with a single opportunity to repair the vehicle failing which I will consider a full refund.    I have sent a copy of the letter to the dealership and I kindly require you to enter into discussions with each other to discuss whether or not you are going to repair the vehicle or declined to repair it in which case I would like to know what arrangements will be made to refund me my money and to remove the vehicle from my property.    I would like to ask you if you are a member of or willing to use ADR to resolve this issue as an alternative to an undesired court case.    Kind regards,   2- THEIR RESPONSE received on 6th Dec 2021 by email.     Good Morning,    Thank you for your letter dated 2nd September.    As the dealer has the first opportunity to repair under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the vehicle has not been returned to the dealer and/or we have not been provided with evidence by means of a diagnostics to confirm the faults you are experiencing with your vehicle.    The dealer has also advised that you have warranty with your vehicle, which enables you to take your vehicle to a reputable garage for repairs. Please could you confirm if you have exhausted all avenues?    As a regulated business, the FCA allows us 8 weeks to investigate a Complaint and therefore please allow us this time to investigate your concerns, once we have sufficient evidence.    Should we establish liability, we will review the possibility of offering a hire vehicle, however we are not required to mitigate customers losses as the vehicle should be for personal use not business.    Once we have the evidence required to establish our liability, we will be able to discuss this with you further.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

bacardicharlie v Yorkshire Bank

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I have been advised to come to this thread! I have a claim in with Yorkshire Bank at the moment, My case has been transferred to my local county court!(Beginning of September) What do I have to do from her? Am I sending the court a detailed list of my charges?

Any advice - I would be very grateful!

HI I AM AT THE SAME STAGE AS YOU. HAVE YOU HAD A LETTER FROM YOUR LOCAL COURT? I RANG THE COURT AND WAS TOLD THE DATE AND THEY SAID TO WAIT FOR A LETTER THAT WILL EXPLAIN THE NEXT STEPS I HAVE TO TAKE AND WHAT TO SEND THEM. SO JUST READING UP AND GETTING MY COURT BUNDLE TOGETHER UNTIL THEN. YOU CAN FIND EVERYTHING YOU NEED ON THIS SITE,AND ALWAYS SOMEONE TO HELP YOU. HOPE THIS HELPS.icon14.gif

Thnks very much - I have had my letter from the court with date time etc., so now I have to wait to here from them! Do I have to copy two lots of my bank statements and letter etc for my hearing (one for court, one for bank and my copy?)

Once again Thanking-you - Sometimes when I think about it I feel like I am the only person at this stage - my partner was recently sucessful againt Natwest in getting his charges back! - no Court action at all. So thanks for that!

i am sure someone will advise you soon,or you can ring the court to see when you need to send bundle in.

i am sure i have read on here that the court says it must be in 14 days before the hearing.

1 to the court and 1 to the bank and 1 for yourself, but it probably wont reach court. people seem to get offers just before the date.

i am sure we wil be ok as you get lots of help on here from those who

have already claimed and won.it

it does seem beyond me at times but it is our money the banks have taken.icon12.gif

Charlie,I've moved your posts to your own thread. Yorkshire Bank don't like to make life too easy for claimants, but you will win in the end. The court bundle is the next stage which you'll find in the Bank Templates Library, and there are a few people who have just been through this stage who may well be able to add some additional ideas of what to include. Read through the threads in this forum and you'll find plenty of good information available.

Your court notification should advise when your bundle needs to be submitted.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Alex and Caro

I feel better about what I'm doing now! I will contact my local court and check the date for my bundles and I will be back for more info and to keep you updated!

When I added up my charges - I couldn't believe how much the banks have taken - it really shocked me! I was aware I had occassional charges - but not to the extent I found! EEESSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH!!

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bacardicharlie

Just an update, I sent my bundle to YB on thursday by recorded delivery and took one to court on Friday morning. They have to be in for Monday so I will wait and see if I get one from YB tomorrow but wont hold my breath.They said in a letter last week they were going to get a stay on the case but the court havent got anything yet. I will ring court tomorrow

to see if they have got the bundle or a stay from them. If they havent, any sugestions on what to do next would be appreciated.