gregob v barclays

gregob
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having gone through the correct stages and digested some of the information contained within the various threads and now awaiting a court date I was concerned to discover that on my claim via Moneyclaim I have listed the daily interest rate at .2% instead of the rate at .0022%.Should I inform somebody or wait. I would appreciate some help here as I am rather concerned.

Thanks

Greg

I believe you can alter your claim at some point but there may be a charge, if no-one can advise you then you should ring the court they will direct you. I made the mistake of entering the amount of charges as the figure i was claiming rather than the charges plus interest in my mcol claim i didn,t realise until now and i am in court on friday, so i guess it,s too late for me. Best of luck if in doubt ring court also ring barclays litigation whenever you hav an excuse they seem prone to settle in full if you get some dialogue going.

Hi Gregob,

First off, the correct figure for daily interest is 0.00022%, not as you put above.

However, I wouldn't worry about amending anything just now. If you haven't used this site's spreadsheet, now would be a good time to do it - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Enter each charge onto it and print out.

When you come to settle, either at Court or on phone to Lit'n team, print out a new copy of the S/S and it will automatically update the interest figure for you.

Hope this helps, Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks Slick one further question. On my sheet of charges from the bank there is a date incurred and also a date applied with sometimes 14 days difference.What date goes on to the new spreadsheet?

Many thanks

Greg

Hi Greg

Use the date incurred. The date applied just refers to the actual date they took the money out.

For the purposes of your claim, you need to show when the actual charge occured, this is the important date and the date from which any interest charged would have been calculated by the bank.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Thanks Welshcakes I wish I had come to the forums earlier its much more helpful.

Now another query Can any body explain to me being unused to computing How to get to the sections following "Dunlop v New Garage" in the bundle contents.

Thanks

Greg

Hi greg

Not sure what you mean ... did you download and ope the big zipped file

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=296&d=1174895919?

Everything comes out as a single, very long Word document including everything after the Dunlop case.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

3 Wins :

Sorry to be a pain but still no joy.I open up the Court bundle for CAG.zip.

I get the documents content page scroll down am able to read everything untill the end of Dunlop v New Garage and that is it.40 pages and finish I can not get any further.HELP.

Greg

Hi Greg

If you're happy to PM (Private Message) me with your email address, I'll send it all to you in Word. I'll also convert the linked files into Word documents as well.

3 Active Claims:

3 Wins :

Thanks Saintly I did warn you I wasn't very good with computers.Wish I contacted you at 4pm today would have saved a lot of effort.Still I'm getting there. Once again Thank You very much.

Greg

Hi I'm a little confused over timings perhaps someone can clarify.

Original phone call to Woolwich re charges 31Jan

Referred to Barclays 16Feb

Offer from Barclays(without requesting it) £900 24Feb

Rejected with a request for statements 28Feb

Statements received March

1st letter requesting total refund(as per Martin's site)16April

2nd letter requesting charges plus interest with the

threat of court action 15May

Claim issued via MCOL 5june

Deemed served 10june

Acknowledgement of Service 14 june

To date now I have heard nothing Should I be contacting any body?

Thanks

Greg