Barclays and me the bitter end can you help???

pat69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone hope someone can give me a bit of advice, i have a court date for friday with barclays and have just recieved an offer. The offer says it is for the full amount with interest and court costs. However the total is in my view wrong. It is the total i had asked for in my mcol claim but i had not added the interest onto the figure although i did mention the interest in my particulars. I thought the figure for court was the amount i was deprived of and interest was added later.

Any advice appreciated.

pat

Let us know how you get on pat

nickyc

nickyc

26.06.07 Prelim letter sent

02.07.07 Acknowledgement received

12.07.07 LBA sent

28.07.07 Received Barclays standard OFT letter

29.07.07 Lost it :?

14.08.07 Recovered and back on track :)

Have Agreed to settle with barclays (the day before my court date) so i should be jumping for Joy!! but i will have to postpone celebrations untiliactually get a cheque as they seem to speak with fork tongue on the payment timescale issue!!

THANKS TO ALL WO HELPED ESPECIALLY CHLOEJANE AND SAINTLY I WILL BE MAKING A DONATION THROUGH PAYPAL AS SOON AS I GET PAID OUT.

Hi Pat, I posted a reply to you on Mazza's thread- great to hear of your settlement and I hope you get it through soon.

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Everyone, getting a bit nervous about the time it might take to recieve a cheque from barclays i am going on hols on the 13th aug and the cash would've been useful i agreed settlement on thursaday 19th july anybody got an idea of how long for a cheque???

Whoa!! So there is to be a test case starting tomorrow!! anybody got any idea how this could affect me i have agreed settlement with barclays and i am waiting impatiently for a cheque, i am hoping that the acceptance letter is in fact a contract that cannot be affected!! also i was planning to go beyond 6 yrs is that plan dead or alive?? and how long is the test case expected to last??: answers on a postcard to (no scrub that postal strike!!) a message on my thread will suffice cheers

pat

I agreed to a settlement with barclays on tuesday 17th of july, sent agreement signed str8 away, bs said had not recieved. sent copy by fax on thursday 26th july they said they would request payment, where do i stand now??? is my agreement binding or have the oft pulled the rug on me for now?? i am becomming a nervous wreck