Please HELP! Mis-sold PPI Yes Car Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this forum and wondered if anyone could PLEASE help me out here. My husband bought a car through Yes Car Credit in March of 2005. We returned it just before the first 2 years was up and paid in the shortfall balance. Yes, we were forced to take out the payment protection insurance at the time of purchase in order for there to be a deal. I have been paying the insurance monthly to direct auto finance since August last year, even though we have not had the vehicle.

The debt has now been sold to Direct Legal and Hillesden Securities. I read somewhere that these PPI have been mis-sold as it clearly states on the agreement that it is optional. Is there some kind of letter that I could send to them with regards mis-selling PPI? I have read on this forum that people have also requested a copy of their insurance certificate. Should I do this?

The other thing is that the Direct Legal is saying that I owe £2002,02 but the original insurance total for the 4 years was only £1816.80. I have paid the insurance for around 26 months, so how could this be?

I really don't know what procedures I should take now. Please HELP!

Thanks

Falten