MTC v FD

mickthecobbler
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just sent off my Preliminary letter asking for £2174 back. This includes the interest as per the spreadsheet available on this site. Fingers crossed.

Have read a lot of the postings on here - makes keeping your money under the mattress and not using banks quite an attractive option methinks!

:lol:

Thanks Lotte

Oh and good luck with your move!

Got a letter today from FD offering a full and final settlement which is £800 short. Maybe they think I'm soft!

Anyway the rejection letter is on it's way and they have until next Friday before LBA follows it.

Let the games begin.

:p:roll:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Have received a letter back from FD stating that their last offer (which was 70% of my claim) still stands and that they have agreed with the FSA to suspend the normal timetable for dealing with bank charges complaints, until the test case between the bank and the OFT has been resolved.

They have said that if I accept this sum it will be in "full and final settlement". If the test case indicates that I may be entitled to a petentially larger amount, could I still claim the difference?

Can anyone give some advice please as to what I should do? Shall I take the money offered or stick to the process. I believe this could string out for another 6 months or so?

Regards

Mick

Oh Mick! What a dilemma. I have no idea what to suggest other than go with the choice you will find it easier to live with. Will you find it easier to know that you had an offer, turned it down and ended up with nothing or with accepting the offer and doing yourself short? I don't know what the CAG are advising - you might find better suggestions on the HSBC forum (not so many people here on the FD forum). Good luck and all the best for whichever path you choose. Lotte x

Thanks Lotte

I think I may consider the offer. I might end up with a much lower offer and it may take some time to resolve if I hang on. Also what they've offered is enough to pay for 2 weeks in the Canaries with spending money!

So I'm happy anyhow.

Here comes the sun!

Cheers

Mick