Otelo 'Provisional Conclusion' Condones Vodafones Lies !

Gino32

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like too many I was a victim of Unsolicited Reverse Bill Texts. Being ignorant of such things I contacted my network, Vodafone. I was told that I must have subscribed to the service for receipt of the texts, that this was the only way that I would have received such texts. I was told that a [problem] such as this does not exsist. Upon some research I found these statements to be a A BLATENT LIE !

I made a formal complaint to Vodafone demanding the termination of my contract without penalty as they were in breach of contract as they had lied to me. This they refused informing me they had done nothing wrong.

After 12 weeks I refered the case to Otelo. On the phone I was informed that I had a case against Vodafone, the forms were completed and posted off. I have received the 'Provisional Conclusion', it virtually ignores the main complaint, that Vodafone had lied. It states that Vodafone had not acted as it should have in dealing with my complaint, I take it that means that they totally ignored it.

They state finally that there is no basis to terminate my contact without penaltly. They found that I should receive a £50 goodwill payment from Vodafone and a letter of apology. I said in my complaint that I was not looking for any form of compensation and as Vodafone have already told me that they feel they have done nothing wrong, so what are they to apologise for?

So there you have it good people, straight from the mouth, or pen, of the industry Ombudsman: The Networks can lie through their back teeth to you without fear of any comeback.

I have rejected their findings and asked for another reveiw this time taking into account my main complaint: That Vodafone had LIED to me !

A final note: My details, and many others, were purchased in a mailing list by a company called Moby Magic, who with Dialogue Communcations were found guilty of the offence of sending Unsolicited Reverse Bill Texts by Icstis.

OTELO, as I've noted before, are not your champion. As for 'a lie' somehow getting you out of a commitment I would seriously doubt this would ever happen.

What IS misleading, is that networks have the power to prevent mobiles (contract AND prepay) from receiving these Premium reverse-charge texts. However, customer services deny this is possible. Is this a lie, or just ignorance? Either way, OTELO could be put to good use to get the network to disclose why they have not agreed to prevent this problem happening again by agreeing to your wishes to prevent this happening again. Why not ask them?

Sadly my original reply was not accepted.

Buzby pleeeze get your facts right.

All Networks, other than T-Mobile WILL NOT block mobiles from accepting premium rate texts. Don't even reply Buzby it is a FACT.

ALL networks give the same response to customers when a they call to query an unsolicited premium rate text on their bill.

'YOU MUST HAVE SUBSCRIBED, IT'S YOUR FAULT'.

I have a file full of e-mails from victims telling me what I had also experienced.

I have never mentioned Otelo on any forum or thread before today, please inform me where you got this information?

Also we are talking about a 'contract' which is covered in law. A lie / incorrect information, is seen in law as a breach of contract. Grounds to terminate any agreement, know your subject Buzby.

With regards to Otelo, they are the Ombudsman. Where the problems lay, if you really want to know, is with the premium rate regulator, Icstis, the industry regulator, Ofcom and the Networks. These are the bodies in control of the telecoms industry.

You really must get out more.

Orange prevent ALL my mobiles from receiving premium texts - seems your 'facts' are as suspect as your other statements. But hey, if you want to have a rant, I'm happy for you.

Keep it up, it's the best laugh I've had all night,.

Beats me why you post here since you appear to know it all.. but then I don't have a chip on my shoulder.

Like too many I was a victim of Unsolicited Reverse Bill Texts. Being ignorant of such things I contacted my network, Vodafone. I was told that I must have subscribed to the service for receipt of the texts, that this was the only way that I would have received such texts. I was told that a [problem] such as this does not exsist. Upon some research I found these statements to be a A BLATENT LIE !

At the time of the call to Vodafone, they probably werent aware of any [problem] in existance at that time.

As the CARRIER of these messages, like all the networks, they would have had no idea if you had requested the service or not and would only have been able to give you the contact details for the service provider to cancel or query any subscription.

Much like Royal mail not censoring or deciding for you what mail you should have delivered!

I made a formal complaint to Vodafone demanding the termination of my contract without penalty as they were in breach of contract as they had lied to me. This they refused informing me they had done nothing wrong

No, they had'nt done anything wrong. would certainly had been in breach of contract if they had STOPPED you getting any services available via the service without your permission/instruction.

I have received the 'Provisional Conclusion', it virtually ignores the main complaint, that Vodafone had lied. It states that Vodafone had not acted as it should have in dealing with my complaint, I take it that means that they totally ignored it.

So there you have it good people, straight from the mouth, or pen, of the industry Ombudsman: The Networks can lie through their back teeth to you without fear of any comeback.

I have rejected their findings and asked for another reveiw this time taking into account my main complaint: That Vodafone had LIED to me !

Not being aware of a specific issue/problem at a specific point in time and relaying the 'normal' methods/service, is not a lie

A final note: My details, and many others, were purchased in a mailing list by a company called Moby Magic, who with Dialogue Communcations were found guilty of the offence of sending Unsolicited Reverse Bill Texts by Icstis

Sort of proves the point of the above...........Two companies above found guilty of the offence NOT Vodaphone!

Agree,you really should stop and think outside of your small box on this one!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

I was told that I must have subscribed to the service for receipt of the texts, that this was the only way that I would have received such texts. I was told that a [problem] such as this does not exsist. Upon some research I found these statements to be a A BLATENT LIE !

Thank you for the comments lads, as always they keep me amused. That's what I love about this forum, the warmth and help you get from its members....... well the majority.

You both seem to try to pick out points but cannot comment on the basics of the thread. All other comments e.g.; who was at fault for the texts, etc has nothing to do with the subject: What I was told by Vodafone.

Buzby, While you tell me that you have your premium rate texts barred on Orange, as you have told me before, I have e-mails from all the networks, including Orange on this subject. Their customer service has informed me that due to contractual obligation they are unable to bar short codes. But again this has nothing to do with the main point of my complaint to Otelo, but heck who cares about that.

Orange Primate: For someone involved in the industry I would have thought that even you would realise that the fact that Moby Magic/Dialogue were found guilty of an offence by Icstis has nothing to do with my complaint, they are two different sides of the same story. Surely you can understand that.

You also do not understand the law too well; Within my agreement with VF, to lie or to give false information is a breach of contract. Look through the small print of your contracts, it's in all of them and it works both ways.

Have a nice day !

Beats me why you post here since you appear to know it all.

Just noticed this.

Buzby you have made 3,685 postings on this site alone and you tell me that I appear to know it all ! Pot, Kettle & Black come to mind.

Just noticed this.

Buzby you have made 3,685 postings on this site alone and you tell me that I appear to know it all ! Pot, Kettle & Black come to mind.

Don't flatter yourself - shame you can't spot sarcasm - and then respond with an inappropriate and irrelevant simile. Having worked in the industry since 1975 and first using the Post Office Radiophone service along with it's charging anomalies, I think I've a head start on most - but if your experiences pre-date mine, feel free to explain why you're just complaining but not doing anything about your perceived injustices.

Orange Primate: For someone involved in the industry I would have thought that even you would realise that the fact that Moby Magic/Dialogue were found guilty of an offence by Icstis has nothing to do with my complaint, they are two different sides of the same story. Surely you can understand that.

You also do not understand the law too well; Within my agreement with VF, to lie or to give false information is a breach of contract. Look through the small print of your contracts, it's in all of them and it works both ways.

I am aware of the law, misrepresentation and/or giving false information is a breach of contract, but i refer you to my post:

"Not being aware of a specific issue/problem at a specific point in time and relaying the 'normal' methods/service, is not a lie"

As previously stated, Vodaphone (or any network for that matter)- the 'carriers' of the service, would have not known at that point if you had requested/agreed to the service, only the 'provider' would have been able to confirm that information. the 'carriers' would not have known that you were a victim of a '[problem]' until the issue came to light.

Thank you for the comments lads, as always they keep me amused. That's what I love about this forum, the warmth and help you get from its members....... well the majority.

You both seem to try to pick out points but cannot comment on the basics of the thread. All other comments e.g.; who was at fault for the texts, etc has nothing to do with the subject: What I was told by Vodafone.

Think that covers the 'basics' of the thread, still not very warm 'n' cuddly though, sorry!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Thank you boys for your interest in my Otelo complaint against Vodafone.

You have taken much of your time posting your 'thoughts' on this thread, I have been 'touched' by your passion on the subject. The members that have read those 'thoughts' must have learned a 'great deal'.

I am sure you will be on sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for the final result of this saga, so watch this space.

Have a nice day.