Cooling Off Period

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know the legal requirement for this ?

In respects that some companies give you it some dont.

I am looking at an angle to in respects to a car purchased, with extortiant interest and a monthly payback that I couldnt of possibly afforded, but as I was under salesman pressure I stupidly signed it and regretted ever since, especially with the interest rates rising. I feel if I had a cooling of period I would off seen sense and not gone ahead.

Many thanks in advance.

You signed so I guess that may be the end of it and you are hooked. Maybe it would be better to look around for a lower priced loan and use that to pay off the car. At least that way the payments would also be lower and you could have it over a longer period.

It would be held that you should have taken independent advice that would have recommended you did not proceed with the deal, so trying to claim you were mis-informed or ill-advised by the vendor would carry much sympathy. In the end, we have to decide for ourselves whether the deal we are entering into is fair and reasonable... and suffer the consequences if it isn't!