Going to court!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I know i have been asking about this before, but I am a bit worried about the whole court thing!

I now have the money to pay the court fee so want to get the ball rolling. I understand about filing in the n1, but is there a certain way i should fill it out?

Also I am concerned that if it does go to court that I am not prepared enough with all of the facts and figures. What things will I need. I know I am getting ahead of myself but I am just worried that it is not going to be worth the hassle and I will end up looking stupid!

I am finding the form worrying enough without even thinking about going to court!!

Did other people feel like this?? Or am I just being silly???

Hi Jenny,

Have a look at my thread here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-if-successes/88614-moneyhelp-halifax-bank.html I was feeling excactly the same as you I had no clue in what I was doing.

Everything you need is here somewhere, if you can't find it then ask in here and someone will point you in the right direction.

Do you have your own thread yet? If so, it is best to keep all your posts in there then we can see what stage you are up to.

Take one step at a time and read as much as you can in here - it will all soon become very clear and you wont be so confused and worred about it all.

Keep your thread updated and we can see where you are at.

Good luck with your claim and above all chillout ok ;)

• Haha 1

Thanks for that.

Have just read through the whole of your thread - took me a while - but i am feeling slightly better, although still bricking it about getting the damn form wrong. Will have a proper look at it later when the kids are in bed!!!

Glad yours worked out. How is it going with the credit cards? I am waiting for halifax visa to get back to me with my statements so I can go for them as well!!!

The credit card is waiting for my reply from my prelim - I am at the waiting game stage again which I must admit I am not very good at - :D I had to file a N1 for my statements as they were very slow in coming.

There is no need to be bricking it - folks in here will help you every step of the way - try and chill and enjoy the ride :lol:

Am a bit confused with the interest bit. Have sorted the interest on the actual charges but then it says about interest until the claim is settled. How do I work this out? Somewhere it says it is your claim x 0.00022 which gives you the figure of pence per day which is added on.

Am I making sense as I dont feel that i am!!??!!

Hi Jenny

Try using the moneysavingexpert (Martin Lewis) site to work out the interest. It has a calulator that is very easy to use and very handy!

As for the court thing, i was sure mine was going to court. I was bricking it and very worried about it but i got a letter from Halifax today giving me everything, including charges and fees!

(edit: to mention my court date was set for 1 August)

So hang in there, check everythig you do 5 times to make sure it is right and you'll get your money before court.

Good luck and enjoy the money (when it arrives!)

Right! Its done! Decided the easiest thing to do was to follow the money saving expert thing and i did it all on line. I was dreading going down to the court with the kids in tow so all has worked out well!!!

Although there was nowhere said about sending the schedule of charges, i suppose if they want it they will ask for it. Apparently it will be checked over by the court at 10 am tomorrow and if everything is fine it will then be sent to halifax!

I am glad I have done it and am feeling more positive! Fingers crossed it is straight forward from here on in!!!??!!

So what exactly did you hand in?

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .