Abbey - LBA with extra time to respond?

freestyle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I have been a member of the forum for a while but this is my first post!

A couple of months ago I finally got round to sending the first letter to my bank - Abbey - I actually sent two as I am reclaiming charges on two accounts.

I received several delaying tactic replies before receiving a letter offering me £100 as a goodwill gesture on one account, and a letter advising me that my claim was not valid on the other account.

My total claim is for more than £1000 plus interest so I understand I should now send LBAs for each account.

However, I am about to go off travelling for a month so cannot threaten to begin a claim within 14 days as i will; not be around - should I simply extend the time period to 28 days??

Any advice would be hugely appreciated - many thanks for reading!

Hi, you need to amalgamate the claim for each account into 1 claim, you can give them 14 days and just not do anything for a month, it is your time scale, not theirs, you do need however, to fill out the spreadsheet and make sure that you differentiate quite clearly between the two accounts that you are claiming for, out of interest, why did they say that one of your claims was not valid?

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi freestyle and welcome to the forum :)

Lucky you, going travelling for a month - dead jealous!!

Anyway, my advice would be to still send the LBA with the 14 day timeline: they usually ignore the letter, nice people that they are ;). Only giving 14 days looks like you mean business; lots of people don't file straight away for various reasons, but that does not affect the claim in the slightest.

I realise you won't be around to file after that time, but you don't have to do it in person. You could get the N1 all ready to go, and get someone to post it for you on the appropriate day, or just do it as soon as you get back.

Just my opinion - obviously its entirely your call.

Best regards, and enjoy your travels if I don't "speak" to you before then!

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi, you need to amalgamate the claim for each account into 1 claim, you can give them 14 days and just not do anything for a month, it is your time scale, not theirs, you do need however, to fill out the spreadsheet and make sure that you differentiate quite clearly between the two accounts that you are claiming for, out of interest, why did they say that one of your claims was not valid?

Thanks very much for the advice Lula. Will combine the claims and send the LBA off with a 14 day timeframe.

The reason they gave for rejecting one of the claims was:

"I'm sorry you are unhappy with the charges and I understand you would like these to be refunded. I can confirm the charges were applied correctly, as you had insufficient available funds at the time. I am therefore unable to refund these to you.

I appreciate your feelings on this matter but we are satisfied that the charges do not contravene the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. We also comply with the Office of Fair Trading , in dealing fairl;y and openly with our customers.

etc etc etc"

Pretty lame...

Hi freestyle and welcome to the forum :)

Lucky you, going travelling for a month - dead jealous!!

Anyway, my advice would be to still send the LBA with the 14 day timeline: they usually ignore the letter, nice people that they are ;). Only giving 14 days looks like you mean business; lots of people don't file straight away for various reasons, but that does not affect the claim in the slightest.

I realise you won't be around to file after that time, but you don't have to do it in person. You could get the N1 all ready to go, and get someone to post it for you on the appropriate day, or just do it as soon as you get back.

Just my opinion - obviously its entirely your call.

Best regards, and enjoy your travels if I don't "speak" to you before then!

Jo xx

Thanks Jo. Have decided to stick to the 14 day timeframe and get everything ready to send off when I get back. Best start looking at the N1 then!

The reason they gave for rejecting one of the claims was:

"I'm sorry you are unhappy with the charges and I understand you would like these to be refunded. I can confirm the charges were applied correctly, as you had insufficient available funds at the time. I am therefore unable to refund these to you.

I appreciate your feelings on this matter but we are satisfied that the charges do not contravene the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. We also comply with the Office of Fair Trading , in dealing fairl;y and openly with our customers.

etc etc etc"

Pretty lame...

Loada crap, they are all unlawful, add them on to your claim

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi freestyle

Excellent news on the LBA.

Hope you have a wonderful month travelling, and I will look forward to updates when you get back; on the trip and the claim!

Very best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: