Help required urgently!!!!!!!

heathgravett

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have a problem. I can only be sketchy but I need some advice.

I started a claim against Platform Home Loans for £180. Drydens solictors eventually wrote to me saying Platform would pay up. I had moved home and my redirected mail came so late that I missed the deadline to respond.

I called Drydens and explained. They told me to write in. During this time another £30 was charged so I added it and asked for £210. I got no response so i called and was told that because of the extra £30 they had to seek their clients instruction.

I then emigrated.

Shortly after my father received a letter saying they would pay the £210 but again we missed the deadline for acceptance. My father was supposed to call to confirm but clearly forgot.

He now has an invoice from Drydens for their costs. I am only assuming but I would expect that this will be because I missed a hearing and they got judgement by default. I mistakenly assumed my father had sorted it and banked the cheque!!!!

Where does that leave me now? Clearly I'm not prepared to pay them and I still want my £210 back but am not resident in the UK now.

HELP!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I gone quiet but I have been trying to establish from my father some info but he knows nothing and has posted the letter.

The strange thing is they agreed to pay up and I'm sure from the original letter I sent, I accepted the first offer in part payment. I can't be sure because I wrote the letter on my fathers computer which I don't have access to.

Could I write to the court explaining this and my situation? Can I start a new claim including these costs charged using a solicitor to deal with the issue as I am not resident? Do you need to know why first before you can help me?

Best regards

Heath

do you have anyone else who can help you just compose a letter to the solicitor explaining that you were busy and that you accept their offer, if they are happy to go ahead they must think you have a claim that will win (on the other hand) you cannot let them know you will not be able to follow this through, maybe someone who knows more about time limits for closing business connections on emigrating can help?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Thanks Maybelline

I was going to do that as I find it a cheek that in essence I accepted their payments from initial conversations. I can send a letter back to my father to post and we shall see what happens.

Cheers