CI: mutuality is dead - long live unjust enrichment

steven4064
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So in any upcoming PRELIMS do we mention CI but not why we are claiming it or do not mention at all - I have several prelims to go out and one POC due to go out against Abbey which I have claimed CI from beginning they have not made and offer and to date have claimed all charges are fair etc etc....

?????

BJ

:|

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a lay person read through the Sampra metals v inland rev and as much as so much of it goes over my head, ( a lot of the law stuff just melds into a different language to me) but there is a lot that doesn't, and IMHO the parts i understood sound good for CI claims. Got a basic idea of how it would work in a claim, and tie in with getting over the 6 year limitations as well, but will let those that actually do know what it all means to put it on here, but it sounds promising to me.:D

Dont ask me any questions on it, im still trying to work it round my head.

Just dusting off the printer now ;)

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

JHi All

That will take the wind out of a lot of sails.

I think we were all getting our hopes up again. Im gonna read through Sempra again cause thats not what I though it was even in my small mind I wasstarting to get escited at the prospect of perhaps going for

contractuall again,

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

Sorry I couldn't bring good news. The District Judges desparately want a case to transfer to the Central London Mercantile Court but even then the banks will abuse the process unless you are incredibly lucky and the miss the case and you get a default judgment.

Just read one and In Defence of all people on here all ive ever recieved is damn good advice. The mods and site helpers can do nothing but good in my eyes:mad:

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
It also means that anyone going after Credit Card/PPI companies can prove unjust enrichment because of the OFT ruling.

This would be very useful to put into the General Debt section as well. Anyone who is being pursued by a CC company, or who (like myself) is counterclaiming against them would find this useful as well.

• 7 months later...
For a credit card, you only claim it if for some reason your 'CI' calculation stops short in time - in our case because the card account was closed - we claimed CI up until that point and s69 thereafter. If the card account is still open, claim the CI up to the point of judgement because that is what they have charged and continue to charge you.

Apologies for reviving a very old thread but I was curious about what steven4064 says above and wondered whether he and everyone else agrees it is still the case, given the basis for claiming CI has now changed to Sempra.

I'm pursuing a claim against Barclaycard for charges taken between September 1995 and August 2000. The unlawful charges amount to just £170 but adding compound interest 'as an equitable remedy to Barclaycard having, contrary to common law, profited from unjust enrichment as a result of these charges' takes the claim to over £1,000.

The thing is, the account was closed some time ago which, assuming the above still holds true, means I should claim s69 interest (as opposed to CI) from that point onwards.

However, I was wondering if it was possible that now we're claiming CI on the basis of Sempra, and the bank's unjust enrichment, we could argue that Barclaycard has continued to unjustly enrich itself up until it settles this claim - having had the benefit of my money for the duration - and, therefore, CI remains applicable throughout.

Thoughts please?!

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

Hi Fred

Simple answer is yes. I have just completed a claim against Goldfish where I reclaimed charges and interest thereon plus CI on both up to the point of payment oin the basis of Sempra. Got the lot :D (and court costs of course)

• 1 year later...