MH letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello people,

I have received a letter from mackenzie hall askin me to phone them regarding a personal matter, I know i own money to Lloyd bank but i am unemployed now and will be so hard to pay money back :Cry: I need some advice about what to do, do i have to pay money back to them? Please help :Cry:

Luca

Firstly send them a CCA.....

Use letter N here : Creditors and DCAs - Letter Templates & Budget Planner

Make sure you start the letter,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

DO NOT PHONE THEM and state in your letter that you will not accept them phoning you and otherwise it will be considered harrassement and treated as such.....

They have 12 + 2 working days to comply with your request......

Please do read round these forums also.....you will probably find a few other people who are dealing with the same company....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Thanx 42man will try and send a letter, seen templates and will copy and paste it, anyway i dont think they have my phone number they never ever rang me .I am bit paranoid of them as unemployed will be so difficult to pay money back:cry:

As sure as eggs are eggs Mackenzie hall will be unable to comply with your request for the proper documents because they never have them.

If that proves to be the case they can't take any action to enforce the debt until they do. When the time limits expire write to them again and invite them to confirm they will do nothing more. If they continue you can report them for harrassment.

They will probably return it to the original creditor and you may find the matter being passed onto another debt collector. A SARN to them now might well prove of use - saves time later.

Thanks for your advice nail, bit hard for me to get all this stuff as im new but you guys rocks and so happy to listen all of you. Anyway wont never phone them as most of the people doesnt and if they ask me for a payment i cant pay at all, i have to admit they did scare me, thats why i have reg here and asked advice. Hope they will leave me alone,hate them :mad:

Hi and welcome to CAG wikedluca :)

I've got dealings with this bunch myself and they are now in criminal default of my request for a CCA as of today :D

Don't be put off and frightened by thier silly threatening letters etc. DO NOT CALL THEM. Communicate with, and insist they do the same all in writing. Take time to read a few threads about them and you'll soon see what your rights are and that they can't take money from you that you haven't got.

If worst comes to worst and they actually do produce a valid CCA then all you have to do is send them an income and expenditure sheet showing what you can afford to pay. These payments usually end up about a £1 a month. They don't have to accept your offer, but it'll look bad if they refused a reasonable offer and then took you to court.

You can get a lot of help preparing by speaking to 2 very good free debt advice organisations which are free to call from a landline:

National Debtline England & Wales | Contact National Debtline

CCCS - Contact Us

CCCS will even make an appointment with you and send you ready prepared income and expenditure forms...

Good luck and best wishes,

BB

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)