Do I ask for more?

nodeway
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Posted last week as had'nt received letter from Barclays. It arived today, offering £1200 against a claim of £1975 (£1700 plus interest). Is it worth negotiating - do I compromise and ask for £1700 - just interested in other people's experience of this.

On another note, its joint account, all the letters have been sent by me, signed by me, and they insist on adressing everything to my husband!!!!

Thanks,

Caroline

I think they address it to whoever the first name is one the account. this seems to be a common thing with Bclays!

On the point of wait or take - it's up to you, if this is your letter from the LBA, then you have about 4-5months still to go to get the full amount back. Plus you will need to pay at court.

So take now and enjoy the cash, or hold on, and have a super Xmas! (plus you would get your 8% court allowed costs, plus any extras you need to add - ie Time and expenses)

HTH

Peter

Good luck!

Sign my petition to the Prime Minister here:

PETITION

Thanks

Peter

!!!WON!!!

Hi,

Posted last week as had'nt received letter from Barclays. It arived today, offering £1200 against a claim of £1975 (£1700 plus interest). Is it worth negotiating - do I compromise and ask for £1700 - just interested in other people's experience of this.

On another note, its joint account, all the letters have been sent by me, signed by me, and they insist on adressing everything to my husband!!!!

Thanks,

Caroline

Its unlikely that Barclays will offer anymore unti you take them to court. At which point you will get everything back including costs and interest. If you need the money, then take it and run. If you are in no hurry for it, then hold on and go for the full whack. Totally your choice

Barclays T&C Databse

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

I know what you mean about Barclays addressing all correspondence to Hubby ......... im the one doing it all here yet all our letters are addressed to him ...... Good job we have no secrets and i tend to open the mail lol

• Haha 1