should i appeal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, need your opinion here.

I was given a parking ticket for not displaying a valid permit at the window, i did buy one but sat was a windy day so the ticket must have got blown out of the car. It was one of those that doesn't stick to the window. as it stands, all i have left of the ticket is the part which you tear off and take with you to remind you of when it expires, if i was to copy that and send it off, do you think theres a change i can have the £100 written off? i didn't check to see if it was in the car at the time because i was getting the kids out and they had both just woken up and were screaming away so i was a bit err occupied!

Please let me know.

Thanks

bp,

Can you tell us a bit more about the situation, such as who runs the car park? Was it a local authority, a company in behalf of the local authority or was it a private car park where you had to pay and display?

I was in a pay and display car park at the Brewery in Romford essex, i paid for up to 3hrs and got back over 1 hr before i was meant to. The ticket was issued by MET parking services.

It sounds like a private outfit, so their demands for payment of a "penalty" of £100 are laughable. Read the sticky at the top of the parking forum for an overview, and then do a search on private parking and it will give you some idea of the type of people you will have to deal with.