• Tweets

• Anglian Water (although others may be culpable).   Some time ago users of this forum complained about the level or proportionality of standing charges on fuel bills.  The feeling was that 25% standing charge would be acceptable against the unit cost.  Anglian Water in Essex, responsible for sewage removal,  charge around 80% of a bill for this, my last account was £10 unit cost against a £44 standing charge.  Anglian claim that this is due to infrastructure issues and that my area is sparsley occupied.    Southend on Sea has 160,000 residents, hardly sparse, and infrastructure issues are their problem, not mine.  Anglian is also responsible, according to Environment Agency, of contaminating sea water in my locale.   If there is no legislation regarding the proportion of standing charge to unit cost, there certainly should be !  Any advice ?   (There is a wider issue of charging through third parties that could be taken up seperately.)
    • So - I continue to not pay any more?  Until they respond with the info I have asked for?
    • Hello and welcome to CAG. I'll move your thread to the Residential and lettings forum and leave you a link to follow from the Welcome forum.   I'm sorry to hear about your neighbour problems, people should be along to advise later.   Best, HB
    • Your only hope is asking for discretion on the grounds of well you didn't realise you had to pay online you expected a toll booth, you didn't see any sign of any penalty charge amount and basically it's your first time using this toll bridge and you were unaware of the process,.   In the past, for 1st time offence, Merseyflow have responded rejecting the appael but on this one occasion have reduced the penalty to the toll fee.   You might be lucky.
    • Yes, Manxman has put you on the right track.   You need to perform a Statutory Declaration (to declare, on oath, that you knew nothing of the court proceedings against you). You must do this within 21 days of learning about your conviction. You can either do so at a Magistrates' Court for which you will need to make an appointment. They may not be able to fit you in within 21 days but so long as you explain to the court that it was the earliest date available they will accept your declaration. Alternatively you can make the declaration before a solicitor. They may charge you a small fee (£5 - £10).   Once this is done the conviction you have (for failing to provide driver's details) is set aside. The prosecution will almost certainly start proceedings again and in many areas they are now doing so immediately following your statutory declaration. Ideally it would be best if you could see the prosecutor before the court sits (ask when you check in at reception) and offer to plead guilty to the speeding charge provided the FtP charge is dropped. It is a common deal which is usually readily accepted. Under no circumstances should you plead guilty to either offence until you have had the chance to discuss this deal. If the deal is refused you should maintain Not Guilty pleas to both charges. They cannot convict you of speeding (they have no evidence you were driving) and the trial for FtP will be held at a later date. You can then consider your position for that offence.   If they do accept your offer to plead guilty to speeding you might try asking if you can be sentenced at the Fixed Penalty level (£100 and three points) provided the speed is low enough (let me know the speed/limit and I will tell you if it qualifies).. Magistrates have guidance enabling them to do this which says this:   Where a penalty notice could not be offered or taken up for reasons unconnected with the offence itself, such as administrative difficulties outside the control of the offender, the starting point should be a fine equivalent to the amount of the penalty and no order of costs should be imposed. The offender should not be disadvantaged by the unavailability of the penalty notice in these circumstances.   But first things first - make arrangements to do the Stat Dec.
  • Our picks

• My personal experiences of Future Comms 

Don't touch them owe me £500 since January 2019 make excuse after excuse. Seem they always have software problems sending money out. Keep saying they will call back or email nothing been chasing it now for 6 mths the phone staff always have the same banter we will chase it up and get back to you then nothing!
      • 0 replies
    • Future Comms is a Big Con. How to get out of it. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/417058-future-comms-is-a-big-con-how-to-get-out-of-it/
      • 4 replies
    • Future Comms issues. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416504-future-comms-issues/
      • 5 replies
    • This is a bit of a lengthy one but I’ll summerise best as possible.

THIS IS HOW THE PHONECALL WENT 

I was contacted by future comms by phone, they stated that they could beat any phone contract I have , (I am a limited company but just myself that needs a business phone and I am the only worker) 
      I told future comms my deal, £110 per month with a phone and a virtual landline, they confirmed that they could beat that, £90 per month with a phone , virtual landline  they also confirmed they would pay Vodafone (previous provider) the termination fee. As I am in business, naturally I was open to making a deal. So we proceeded. 
      Future comms then revealed that the contract would be with PLAN.COM and the airtime would be provided by 02, I instantly told them that this would break the deal as I have poor 02 signal in the house where I live as my partner is on 02 and constantly complaining about bad signal
      the salesman assured me he would send a signal booster box out with the phone so I would have perfect signal.
      so far so good.....
      i then explained this is the only mobile phone I use for business and pleasure, so therefore I didn’t want any disconnection time in the slightest between the switchover from Vodafone to 02
      the salesman then confirmed that the existing phone would only be disconnected once the new phone was switched on.
      so far so good....
      • 14 replies
42man

Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi.

i'm new to the site and not sure if this is the right place to post.

In decemebr last year I sent off for a copy of my credit agreement - I waited the 12 working days plus 30 days time limit. I wrote to the debt company 1st credit and told them they had committed an offence by not sending me the credit agreememt in within the time scale. I also sent a letter to TSB, who the original debt was with teling them the same. I also sent a letter to the OFT telling them I had had no response.

I heard nothing else - This week I got a etter from a solicitor with a copy of the credit agreement. Is this now enforcable now it has appeared - even though it was late and I made a complaint?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mandy :-)

Hi.

i'm new to the site and not sure if this is the right place to post.

In decemebr last year I sent off for a copy of my credit agreement - I waited the 12 working days plus 30 days time limit. I wrote to the debt company 1st credit and told them they had committed an offence by not sending me the credit agreememt in within the time scale. I also sent a letter to TSB, who the original debt was with teling them the same. I also sent a letter to the OFT telling them I had had no response.

I heard nothing else - This week I got a etter from a solicitor with a copy of the credit agreement. Is this now enforcable now it has appeared - even though it was late and I made a complaint?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mandy :-)

Hi Mandy :)

You would be better off starting your own thread so that you can get the best advice. Have a look at this thread to help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

You can post your thread title here when you've done it so people can give you support on it ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

You would be better off starting your own thread so that you can get the best advice. Have a look at this thread to help you:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

You can post your thread title here when you've done it so people can give you support on it ;)

Hi hopeful1 - Thanks for your advice - I have started a new thread. i didn't know how to do it ! :-)

The new title is " Credit agreement appeared after time limit"

thanks again

mandy

Hi hopeful1 - Thanks for your advice - I have started a new thread. i didn't know how to do it ! :-)

The new title is " Credit agreement appeared after time limit"

thanks again

mandy

This is the link to Mandy's new thread .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/146269-credit-agreement-appreared-after.html#post1542673

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy -

HERE

2: Take back control of your finances -

Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated -

Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for that citizenB. I just stopped ironing for 5 mins to do the same ;)

can sumbody tell me what ironing is please.

I have a iron and ironing board but i dont use them.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks for that citizenB. I just stopped ironing for 5 mins to do the same ;)

LOL. Great minds and all that . :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

"An application form can be a valid CCA if it embodies all the prescribed terms"

is this correct? found it on mse+

Can anyone advise please ? I cleared a cc debt 5 years ago . I then foolishly ran up a debt on the account when sent a new card after 2 years . When sent the card I DID NOT SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT even thought the terms and interest rates had changed . So even thought they sent a signed application form ,claiming its a valid CCA , IT DOES NOT COVER THE NEW CARD THAT WAS SENT ?

Can anyone advise please ? I cleared a cc debt 5 years ago . I then foolishly ran up a debt on the account when sent a new card after 2 years . When sent the card I DID NOT SIGN A NEW AGREEMENT even thought the terms and interest rates had changed . So even thought they sent a signed application form ,claiming its a valid CCA , IT DOES NOT COVER THE NEW CARD THAT WAS SENT ?

Did the new card have the same number as before ?. If so, I would imagine they will contest the old agreement does cover it. :)

Hopefully, someone with more knowledge of this will advise you further.

HERE

Debt Diaries

Read Here

Read Here

Please Read

BCOBS

"An application form can be a valid CCA if it embodies all the prescribed terms"

is this correct? found it on mse+

That is correct. It's always a good idea to scan your applications / agreements up on your thread for others to share their views.

mbna have sold my debt to agency. sent postal orders requested a copy of my credit agreement which they do not have as i have never signed one.asked me to send passport to verify it was me try to get my signiture.now getting threats to pay in full were do i stand anyone.

mbna have sold my debt to agency. sent postal orders requested a copy of my credit agreement which they do not have as i have never signed one.asked me to send passport to verify it was me try to get my signiture.now getting threats to pay in full were do i stand anyone.

Hi Bighair :)

You would be better off starting your own thread in the MBNA forum.

Have a look at this guide first to help you on your way:

Just shout if you get stuck.

P.S I haven't previously sent a copy of my driving license but blacked out my signature :D You're quite right not to let them have your sig.

Hi guys

Just read thread 61 which states an application form can be a credit agrrement.

Halifax are taking me to court with an application form.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/146601-mtb-halifax.html

I scanned it on here last year and was told because it was an application form it was not enforceable.

Help

Alamand

Can I ask about CCA request - if they just send you a small photocopy of the front sheet - No t& C's on anything, is that sufficient?

If there is anyone that could cast an eye over the agreement on my thread I would be sososo grateful! The copy listed is my original - what they supplied to the cca request for just as above,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/131435-welcome-finance-missold-ppi-2.html

Thanks! :)

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

well it is pretty obvious that if they dont provide u with a cca then they have not complied.

A small copy of a front page with t&cs missing is in correct.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Thanks Godmother. It was one of those - you know its wrong but you just have to check before shouting at them lol.

Congratulations on your daughter BTW, that must have been such a relief! Am so chuffed for you :)

While I am being a pest - I remember reading along some of the threads about acceptance fees and paying interest on them - is it allowed or not?

The agreement we have - the acceptance fee shows as a separate addition from the total charge for credit, yet on their statement is has been added at the start and interest payable from then on.

Total amount of credit on agreement - £4562.86

Initial Disbursement on the statement - £4637.86 - exactly £75 difference

Is this allowed?

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

You're right - they can't charge interest on the fee.

But are you sure they've been adding interest to the £75.00 Dipply?

I only ask 'cos I had a similar initial thought when I looked through statements/agreement on a loan but when I worked it out carefully it was correct - it was just the way it was shown. You have to calculate (1) the no. of payments x monthly amount & (2) calculate how much interest is due on just the loan figure. Do they match? I think a 1% tolerance is allowable.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

ahhhh, I will have to check into that. I am glad you pointed that out, thank you. I cannot delay giving them my complaint so i will just ask them if they are charging me interest on the fee - that way I have asked them, lets see what they say, while I practice my maths ; )

I havent posted my letter on my thread yet as its like 9 pages long with 12 detailed complaints in it, its a bit ridiculous for anyone to have to read through lol!

Dipply75

Well, have tried the maths thing and am just giving myself a headache.... is there anyway you could work out the figures for me? I would be so grateful!

I think what is confusing me is that the interest rate on the agreement doesnt seem to add up - or I am just eternally blonde........

Dipply75

I'll try when I have time later - it took me ages to do mine too!

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thankyou thankyou :)

These links are for the agreement and the 1st page of the statement.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/Picture.jpg

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn122/Dipply75/WelcomeLoan2blanked.jpg

Edited by Dipply75
mistake

Dipply75

I've PMd you Dipply with my calcs. Think they have it correct i.e. interest not charged on the fee.

Thankyou for that, you're an angel - makes sense now! Have removed the statement now also. If there's ever anything I can help with, just leme know : )

Dipply75

You're welcome. Good luck with claim...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3012 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you