Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The statutory fee is complete fraud. I will not pay it. Admiralty law does not require you to pay it at all and that is what I go by.

When sending letter send it recorded delivery and copy letters as proof.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The statutory fee is complete fraud. I will not pay it. Admiralty law does not require you to pay it at all and that is what I go by.

Eh! how does the Navy fit into this?

you havn't been listening to "nuke em" by any chance have you?

Sorry i think i have missed summing.

Now the Navy are involved with CCAs that is unless i have read summing wrong.

Pt do u have any idea what this guy is on about?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I think he's on about the King's Shilling 000201C7.gif

between you and me of course......

000203FC.gif

[/url]

Originally Posted by andrewdm viewpost.gif

ouch..:eek: my head hurts now Ive wasted so much time looking at threads when all the time i just need to qoute the above to the CC:-o:-x:lol::lol::lol:

Perhaps this guy is a sailor or works off shore? ;)

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Why would one pay even one more dime just to fill their coffin some more. Even if you send them the pound whose to say they won't come up with another story. Also don't assume anything of another person unless you have complete facts about them. I'm just putting my two cents in is all. Sure somethings I need to read about more to understand but it's all a work in progress. I refuse to pay the pound fee. Show me copy of contract no if's, ands or buts!!!

It is their obligation to prove to you!

i think he missed the words LAMB and RUM out of the original quote

does that to you after the seventh one!!

Why would one pay even one more dime just to fill their coffin some more. Even if you send them the pound whose to say they won't come up with another story. Also don't assume anything of another person unless you have complete facts about them. I'm just putting my two cents in is all. Sure somethings I need to read about more to understand but it's all a work in progress. I refuse to pay the pound fee. Show me copy of contract no if's, ands or buts!!!

It is their obligation to prove to you!

meanwhile...........back in the real world..........you have no right to demand copies of documents that you (should) have already been given a copy of and expect them to make and post copies to you for free.

where in the alternative argument does it say you are entitled to write anytime to anyone you do business with and demand- without cost to you that they do work over and above that contained in the contract?? how many times a week can you demand this?

the one pound is fixed as a contribution to assist those who might not be able to afford the true cost )probably nearer to 4 or 5 pounds) of providing this information

Edited by diddydicky

Lateral thinking...

I had occasion to discuss SAR's with the ICO;

he/she seemed to be of the opinion that;

if a SAR is made without sending the £10 statutory fee,

that Request is still valid:

You have made your SAR.

The above converation was in relation to a FOI Request, that was turned in to a DPA Request;

I paid no stat. fee and I did receive some information.

Could this work in relation to a CCA Request?

Personally speaking, although I have sent £1's along with CCA Requests, I am always concerned/mindfull that the party, especially a DCA, could in fact credit the payment to the account;

some DCA's are notorious for doing this!

I don't believe it matters if they credit the account with the £1 - more fool them. They are still bound by statute to supply the information you requested (and lose the £1)

I don't believe it matters if they credit the account with the £1 - more fool them. They are still bound by statute to supply the information you requested (and lose the £1)

Yes, but it does matter if they attempt to re-start the clock.

Similar has recently happened when a £1 fee was sent to AIC, who applied the fee to the account.

I realise that DCA are not allowed to do this but they do.

AC

Yes, but it does matter if they attempt to re-start the clock.

Why?

You can prove the £1 was sent for a CCA, you can prove they received it and cashed it and if they allocate that against the account so what.. You just need to remind them of their obligations and the requirements of s78.

S.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks