Is My Agreement Enforceable - Useful

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi nickkarkie,

To be honest I can`t really see anything wrong with this CCA, except for the lack of `Cancellation Rights`. But, there is a paragraph stating you have a right to settle the agreement at any time by paying all monies owed. I`m not sure if this means the same thing, because the Cancellation Rights give you a short cooling off period to cancel the agreement incase you chose the wrong product or something to that effect.

Once could argue the right to settle is for use once the agreement is under way, therefore you could say you still have no Cancellation Rights.

That`s what I would argue anyway.

As chalky says, have a look on the Egg Agreements thread, and maybe post up your CCA there, or at least a link to this thread.

Hope this helps.

Don`t give up hope though.

Regards

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi, can anyone tell me if my agreement is enforceable? I scanned it on another thread and somebody said it looks enforceable to them, but today I noticed that at the bottom of the first page of the agreement it says "application form" which has been deliberately covered with a white sticker but you can still see what is underneath when the light shines on it. Surely then it is not an agreement but an application form. You can actually still see it in the scan i have uploaded on the bottom right of the first page. Any advice?

There's a lot of discussion on the thread that Chalkitup mentioned particularly as regards the words "approved limit" and the missing reference to "credit limit."

There may also be some reference to securitisation which is why you need to read and grasp the thread!!

Good luck ;)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi,

I've CCA'd DCA acting for AMEX Credit Card and received what appears to be a Pre Approved Application (looks like 24/06/94), plus 3 pages of a Credit Card Agreement. I'd like an opinion as to its validity/enforceability. I'll upload it to photobucket.

What would really be useful , if someone could post an agreement that was unenforceable and post it on here with the parts highlighted which made it unenforceable.

From what i have been reading it would help a lot of members.:D

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Yes i agree, this Egg agreement can be ARGUED by some as unenforceable. I have an identical one and i am sure as hell going to be arguing that, based on the very non-specific term "Approved Limit" which i will argue is not a prescribed term. However, i have been warned not to get too excited as it is down to the JUDGE ON THE DAY to decide if this term is acceptable or not. Its a VERY grey area i am afraid, but well worth looking into in my opinion.

As for securitization, wherever she lives when she's at home, i have no clue myself but looks like i need to get to grips with that too. Any short translations of what thats about would be VERY useful please :D

The financial system is collapsing, time to raise a glass to the end of the biggest pyramid scheme in history - The Debt Industry :whoo:

Could someone please have a lookat my credit card agreement

The reason I am thinking it is not enforceable are

Interest rate not on the same page as the signature

No mention of balance transfer when it was set up specifically for that

No mention of charges such as late payment fees etc

Linky

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Out of interest, can I tell BPO to go bog if my name is spelled incorrectly on the agreement? They missed a letter out of my name.

Think that would be classsed as de minimis so, no!!

de minimis = the law does not care about very small matters

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi

My ears were burning

I have been loking at quite a few of these just lately.

I pesonally do not prescribe to the limit argument as i believe that the regs refer to the "techical term(the number as in £100) " in the statute and not the badge or label but others differ.

I am getting intersted in the interrest charges thing though especially the application of the charges for cash.

The regs say that if their is no cash amount on which to base the APR then they must use the assumptions which in the case of an agreement of this age is £100 but i cannot for the life of me get it to work out.

Tell me does the agreement say 18.6 or 16.6 for cah advance apr(it is a little unclear).

Also when you make a cash transaction is the fee added to the debit ballance or is it just incleded in the interest repayment ,in other words do you see it on your statement as £2 cash fee.

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

But it is actually completely different name, the way they have spelled it. I worked for a time for a company dealing with debt elimination & they said that if a name is spelled wrong then an agreement can be considered null & void. Is this not the case? This 'de minimis' is a joke, if the law does not care about very small matters than what is the point of the law at all. Or is it that the rules can be suitably bent to provide a good outcome for the companies that are actually working illegally?

But it is actually completely different name, the way they have spelled it. I worked for a time for a company dealing with debt elimination & they said that if a name is spelled wrong then an agreement can be considered null & void. Is this not the case? This 'de minimis' is a joke, if the law does not care about very small matters than what is the point of the law at all. Or is it that the rules can be suitably bent to provide a good outcome for the companies that are actually working illegally?

I won't be able to find the threads now, but I have read this before and it was claimed to be de minimis. The crux will be if they have a document with your signature on that has all of the prescribed terms within 4 corners.

It would be nice as I know that on one of my agreements, Egg have mispelt my christian name and also given me a new initial for my middle name. Nonetheless, these details are actually linked to me on my credit reference.

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Out of interest, can I tell BPO to go bog if my name is spelled incorrectly on the agreement? They missed a letter out of my name.

Firstly there would most likely be a statement on the document that states if the detail are incorrect please amend

it is your obligation to ensure that the document which you sign is accurate, you can be held accountable for basic errors if you fail to notify the company of the error, this would be the case as well if you entered the wrong info on your application form and then allowed the error to continue on the actual agreement

As it goes, if the name is not your name and your signature does not appear on the agreement then you may have an argument.

however if it is as WelshMam2009 suggests then its likely to be classified as de minimis non curat lex and therefore as the latin states the law does not concern itself with triffles

So even if the agreement is in a totally different name it doesn't matter? Strange.

I haven't signed anything. It was with Virgin Media and I have been told there is no paperwork etc (I sent a request for info thingy wotsit)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks