jordash v barclaycard #1 ...... WON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

I can confirm that Barclaycard filed the exact same defence, and I too was a wee bit worried about point one. However i am hoping that the close proximity between the two entities will mean we dont have to mess around with changing names etc. I received defence last week but no AQ like in your case. Think it is time to call the court.

Dear pals

I have had my case sent to my local court and received a notice of transfer stating the AQ should be sent to the court (no aq in letter) I have downloaded one for the small claims track and added section G from advice on this forum should i sent any more information e.g copy of statements etc ???

• 2 weeks later...

Watching this with interest, I have jsut recived a letter that defence has been filed from barclaycard as yet no AQ or defence. have until the 1th July to respond.

HELLO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO MY POST. I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED SINCE I RECEIVED THE LETTER FROM THE COURT.

I RANG BARCLAYCARD ON FRIDAY 29TH JUNE, KRISTA CAMPBELL, 0207 116 4753, I HAD TOLEAVE A MESSAGE AS SHES VERY BUSY!! ANYWAY SHE DID RETURN MY CALL AND I ASKED HER IF THEY WERE WILLING TO SETTLE OUT OF COURT, TO BE HONEST I WAS COMPLETELY HONEST WITH HER AND TOLD HER I DONT WANT THE HASSLE. SHE WAS VERY APPROACHABLE AND SHE SAID SHE WILL SETTLE OUT OF COURT, NO PROBLEM. I THOUGHT SHE WOULD TRY TO OFFER ME HALT OF MY CLAIM £492 PLUS £50 COURT FEE, BUT TO MY SURPRISE, WHEN SHE CALLED ME THIS MORNING SHE SAID SHE WILL REFUND EVERYTHING. THEREFORE, UNLESS YOU WANT TO PROVE A CASE IN POINT, I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CALL THEM TO TRY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM. I THINK, WITH HINDSIGHT, THIS SHOULD BE DONE ONCE A COURT DATE IS SET, AS THEY SEEM WILLING TO SORT IT OUT. IN MY EXPERIENCE, NO-ONE WANTS TO GO COURT DO THEY!!!??? I KNOW I WASNT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT, ESPECIALLY ALL THAT PHOTOCOPYING AND INCONVENIENCE. BY THE WAY, I NEVER ASKED FOR INTEREST AT THE BEGINNING BECAUSE I DID NOT HAVE ALL THE STATEMENTS, BUT I HAVE WAIVED THAT IN THIS CASE.

SO, A GOOD RESUlT ALL ROUND. PLEASE DO GIVE THEM A CALL, IF THE MAIN AIM IS TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK!!

ONCE AGAIN, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED TO THE POST.

GOOD LUCK

BY THE WAY, THERE IS A MAIN SWITCHBOARD NUMBER FOR 1 CHURCHILL PLACE, 0207 116 1000....

:D :D :D

Congratulations

:D :D :D

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

• 2 weeks later...

a letter arrived on saturday from barclays offering me full settlement plus costs of £809.25 for my first claim against barclaycard.

i was quite surprised myself as my pre trial was supposed to be in two weeks and i thought barclays would drag it out for as long as possible.