Setanta Sports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did anyone order the Hatton fight?, I did and paid the 15.00. I then got a letter saying I had set up a DD to pay them 15.00 a month. I checked with the bank and cancelled it as I don't want this channel. I have paid for the boxing and thats all I wanted to see.

Today I received this letter,

SETANTA SPORTS, PO BOX 800

KIRKCALDY, FIFE

KY2 6WF, UK

T:GB:08700506980 Nl: 08700 50 69 50

ROI: 0818 20 30 40 E: customerservicesOsetanta.com

www.setanta.com

12 July 2007

Dear Mr XXXXXXXX

Account Number: xxxxxxxx

Setanta Sports Sari recently made contact with you in respect of a failed subscription payment, and we have also made several unsuccessful attempts to contact you by telephone.

Unfortunately as we have not heard from you, or been able to establish contact with you we have had to suspend your viewing from our services. You can reactivate your account with Setanta Sports Sari immediately by making a payment over the phone on 08700 50 69 80 or if you are a Racing UK subscriber you can contact us on 08700 50 69 44, our customer services teams are available from Sam to midnight 7 days a week.

Under the terms of the subscription agreement which you entered into, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you that you are liable for all remaining payments within your remaining contracted period.

To avoid this debt being passed to a debt collection agency for further action we ask that you contact us within the next 14 days quoting your account number to ensure this matter pteiTrptly-and-yottr vtewmg-fsTestoreth- -

Yours Sincerely

Setanta Sports Sari

A)

N?

Enc: DD/CC Instruction

I have e-mailed them to explain this and await their reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Tried on TV but it wouldn't work, so did it online.

I thought I was paying 15.00 for the boxing and then I get this rubbish in the post.

I've mailed them twice but had no reply.I did get a phone call but could not tell what the guy was saying!!!

Found out today I have Setanta free ! :) Apparently Virginmedia have made a deal with Setanta so if you have their XL TV package then its free :) Roll on the footie season and more for me to watch ! :):p

Barclays saving account - 25th May 07 - Accepted £490, Finally Paid up 1st June 2007 !!! :D

Barclays Current Account - Stayed (buggers !)

Wife's HSBC current Account - Court Date for Removal of stay 24th October 2007...Really Really Really nervous now !!

Frogford vs HSBC :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/86874-frogford-hsbc.html

Frogford vs Barclays :

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/89687-frogford-barclays.html

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem, i called them today and they are insisting i subscribed over the phone and i should of listened to the T&C. Any advice on what i can do about these idiots?

And the lord said "come forth and i shall grant you eternal life" I came fifth and got a toaster!!!:D

I used to work for them,

I used to get phone calls about this all the time. Basically when you subscribed to the boxing you subscribe on a yearly contract which they do tell you.

I am guessing you went through it quickly when doing it online. Worst thing is they never cancel however I think within a certain amount of days they will do so..

As for not being able to understand us.. We do live on the same island! so I dont believe that for a second

Had a call from a young lady who this time could be understood !!. She was very helpful and admitted they were wrong and I should not have been charged again until 23rd Sept. She apologised and said if I wanted to keep the channel it would be 9.99 a month not 15.00, so I may now keep it.

A very strong Glaswegian accent can be difficult to understand Ecosse.

• 6 months later...

they claimed an annual contract, i made the same mistake about paying for the hatton fight last year. When i phoned they couldnt find out why i had got a text from them!! If they text me again i can see me going mad at them...............

And the lord said "come forth and i shall grant you eternal life" I came fifth and got a toaster!!!:D