Is this fair?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I started to see my daughter on Saturdays and told work I may not be able to work Saturdays anymore due to this. My manager said well If you want Saturdays off then you will have to work Fridays and Sundays every week.

I dont think this is fair and that I should have to work every Friday and Sunday just to see my daughter.

Can I do anything here?

Cheers

what are your normal contracted hours

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

Do you usually do m-sat or what were your days before taking off saturdays

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

You could be really 'naughty' and demand the right to be heard regarding working from home (assuming your daughter is under 6 and you have worked there for more than a year).

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Seems a fair compromise to me, it's called give and take.

No - it depends on what's written down in the employment contract, and whether the terms are lawful or not. Once that has been verified, then we can talk about 'compromise'.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

You could be really 'naughty' and demand the right to be heard regarding working from home (assuming your daughter is under 6 and you have worked there for more than a year).

My daughter is 4 and I have been there for 8 months now.

No - it depends on what's written down in the employment contract, and whether the terms are lawful or not. Once that has been verified, then we can talk about 'compromise'.

Well there is nothing in my contract to say I have to work every Saturday nor is there anything to say I have to work set days.

My daughter is 4 and I have been there for 8 months now.

If you've only been there 8 months then your position is rather weak.

Provided that the employer's request is driven by genuine business need then he has the right to ask you to work when he likes, subject to anything in your employment contract that says otherwise.

I believe he cannot force you to work on Sundays, but he can probably make working on Sundays a condition of letting you have Saturday off.

To be honest you would be better striking the best deal you can until you've been there at least one year when you will begin to have many more rights - including the right to request flexible working hours.