• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading standards acknowledged my letter and an officer from the Enforcement Team will be in touch shortly, now I will wait to see what the outcome is and of course I will report it here.

Interestingly, Cabot have resumed contact, a letter requesting that someone calls them regarding the account.

Guess what?

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

I started an MCOL on them last week and as yet have no update. They failed the CCA and SAR so I am claiming for damages caused by them sharing my data. Claiming a few K from them so lets see what happens.

I would love to sit with them in a court......

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I started an MCOL on them last week and as yet have no update. They failed the CCA and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) so I am claiming for damages caused by them sharing my data. Claiming a few K from them so lets see what happens.

I would love to sit with them in a court......

Very interesting. Please keep us updated.

Since receiving a letter from Cabot telling me it would take weeks to get the docs from Citi, I haven't heard a peep and that was ages ago. I have only paid them £1 since they bought my debt in June. Why are they not chasing me anymore!?!

I wonder what they're plotting....

Since receiving a letter from Cabot telling me it would take weeks to get the docs from Citi, I haven't heard a peep and that was ages ago. I have only paid them £1 since they bought my debt in June. Why are they not chasing me anymore!?!

I wonder what they're plotting....

Don't worry about this. This lot are so incompetent they've been known to lightly chase a debt, stop chasing it and start chasing it like nuts just after it's gone statute barred.

Here's a question for those with a bit of legal know - how....

Cabot Financial(europe) Ltd ( Co.Reg No. 3439445 ) write to you telling you a debt has been purchased by them - pay up or be squashed.

Kingshill No1 Ltd ( co.Reg No 3757424 ) lodges a default notice with CRA's on the debt.

Two officially different companies albeit part of the same group of Cabot Financial Holdings Group Ltd ( co reg 04934534)

So. How can one Limited company pass on my data to another limited company and how can that 2nd Limited company then lodge a default with the cra's when IT doesn't own the debt?

Me thinks Cabot might shot himself in proverbial foot! :D

An additional add on to this - this is going to get interesting.. I just telephoned Equifax to ask about these companies. " Sir, I've never heard of Cabot " but Kingshill are a client of ours !

This could also pose a problem for suing as well, because if you sue a company it has to be the RIGHT company. If I was suing Cabot for lodging a default they would say it's Kingshill No1 Ltd and it might get thrown out..

Experian by contrast said " their client who lodged the default is Cabot Financial Europe Ltd so why is it listed on my credit file as Kingshill No1 Ltd? very very fishy

This is the set-up:

CABOT FINANCIAL HOLDINGS GROUP LIMITED 04934534

-CABOT FINANCIAL HOLDINGS LIMITED 04071551

- CABOT FINANCIAL DEBT RECOVERY SERVICES LIMITED 03936134

- KINGS HILL (NO.1) LIMITED 03757424

+ MORLEY LIMITED 03203923

-KINGS HILL CAPITAL LIMITED 03890593

MORLEY FUNDING LIMITED 03203925

CABOT CAPITAL LIMITED 03958466

KINGS HILL (NO.3) LIMITED 03958468

KINGS HILL (NO. 2) LIMITED 03959268

-CABOT FINANCIAL (EUROPE) LIMITED 03439445

CABOT FINANCIAL (INTERNATIONAL) LIMITED 03513705

KINGS HILL (NO. 4) LIMITED 03514385

CABOT FINANCIAL (UK) LIMITED 03514391

CABOT CONSUMER SERVICES LIMITED 04071579

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS AND RECOVERIES (EUROPE) LIMITED 03958421

Hi Maddyrose, sorry, have been hijacking your thread a bit. I had the same as you, just a printed statement. nothing else. I notice on your sig that CITI repaid half your account back to Cabot - they have just told me they are doing the same on a card of mine and repaying Cabot. What have you done about that so far or what do you intend to do?

andrew1

thanks for the PM.

Is your alleged Cabot account(s) still with an due balance? or are they cleared off?

Mine are all cleared off and the payment MBNA made in part payment was initially sent to Cabot 'til I told MBNA that it was paid up. MBNA then recalled the payment and forwarded me a cheque, but by then my LBA timelimt was up and the N1 issued oooopppsss. compound interest + costs please. The amount they owe me just tripled. AAAWWWW poor MBNA

Depending how my damages claim goes I will then be going after them for paid up accounts. If they have no proof of the debt (signed agreement) or that they owned it (deed of assignment) then they should not have received any funds from me....so give me it ALL back.

But as I said that depends on the outcome of my damages case. Only got til end of next week for the acknowledgement......

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Hi Maddyrose, sorry, have been hijacking your thread a bit. I had the same as you, just a printed statement. nothing else. I notice on your sig that CITI repaid half your account back to Cabot - they have just told me they are doing the same on a card of mine and repaying Cabot. What have you done about that so far or what do you intend to do

Well, I wrote to Citi and asked them to send me a cheque but they sent it to Cabot instead. They then sent me a letter saying they had to pay Cabot and could not pay me.

I have decided not to do anything about it as, in theory, the amount outstanding with Cabot is now unenforceable and so I have got away with way more than my charges were worth. I don't want to rock the boat too much!!

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I just wondered how everyone was getting on with Cabot. It seems to have gone all quiet. I just seem to get a statement every so often but no threatening letters or anything!

Bit of a disaster though. I have just found out that Monument have sold my debt to Cabot too! Now I'm going to have to deal with them again! I am a bit surprised that my debt has been sold because we're in the middle of court proceedings and the hearing is next month.

Hallo Maddyrose, Well I don't think tbern and Debt Mountain would say it was quiet! tbern is frothing from the gills just as we speak :D

I would say with your monument debt that it was in dispute and I don't think it can be sold whilst in dispute. Is Monument a finance co or dca? If you are contacted by Cabot about it I'd just cca them and tell them it's in dispute.It'll be ages before they reply and by that time your legal action would be resolved no doubt.

I just had a photocopy of an agreement sent by Cabot following my CCa in June 06 - timely devils arn't they! nothing else with it except please call one of our advisers. The letter from Cabot also included info regarding another account so they really don't know which way they are sitting. Just like the Abbey when they said they were turning banking upside down - I told them to remember which end to talk out of which didn't go down too well and Cabot are the same.

Not too sure quite what to do about this account now they are 6 mnths late with their cca and have only supplied half of what they should. Hagenuk in an earlier posting made it sound like he was doing nothing in those circumstances but...

Monument are a credit card company owned by Barclays.

So with the Cabot/Citi thing then should I just sit tight and wait and see what happens? I am a bit annoyed that Monument have sold my debt to Cabot as well as I have moved house and had no intention of giving them my new address. I'll have to now they've bought a debt in the middle of a court process. Grr!

Monument are a credit card company owned by Barclays.

So with the Cabot/Citi thing then should I just sit tight and wait and see what happens? I am a bit annoyed that Monument have sold my debt to Cabot as well as I have moved house and had no intention of giving them my new address. I'll have to now they've bought a debt in the middle of a court process. Grr!

Maddyrose, what I am doing with citi may be slightly different to your circumstances, but my account was sold at £900 to Cabot but of that there were charges of over £1000 to the account by citi. When I challenged citi ( CAG style :D ) I was awarded the charges less £12 which worked out to about £500 which Citi paid like yours to CAbot. Cabot have not responded to my June 06 cca at all on this account so I am writing and asking for everything I ever paid to the since they bought the debt back. I am then writing to Citi again to ask them to refund me the balance of charges because even £12 is unlawful unless they declare what their liquidated loss or true costs are. - I'll prbably end up in court on that one but it's only a small amount and they might just pay up. So for you, depending on the circumstances I'd ask Cabot for anything they have received as they do not have a right to ask you for money.

Also, when you put a redirection order into the post office (Royal Mail) they sell that info on to organisations who say " it saves you having to tell them"

Nectar were given a new address for me - but it was someone who had stolen my ID and changed my address onto a different electoral register and started applying for credit all over the place IN MY NAME! I only found out when I lost my Nectar card - (not even a damn credit card) and asked for a new one which they wanted to send to my 'new' address. The new address was also on my credit file as an ' associated' address... I thought it was a dca or something when I saw it and took no notice.

Nothing my lovely is ' private' anymore.

Maddyrose if you have a car registered or a driving licence in your name the DVLA will sell the info to approved agencies ie parking fine companies debt collectors sad really

And bear in mind it's the same government that is asking us to trust it to securely manage the databases needed for ID cards. :evil::evil::evil:

• 1 year later...

Hi folks

I posted on this site a year ago that Crapbot had attempted to hound me for an unspecified debt. I ignored the letter totally following advice from this forum, and they seemed to have vanished into thin air!!

They have now come back to me almost a year to the day, presumably to hound me again for this "outstanding debt". Do they have any legal redress after say 3 years??. I have the CCA letter stored on the P.C ready just in case..

Any thoughts or advice..before the sleepless nights set in!!

• 4 weeks later...

The B*uggers keep catching up with me too - I've moved about 4 times! . I get a statement every month. What makes me laugh though is that they haven't put any interest or further charges on the bill so they know full well they can't do anything. I just keep ignoring it. Another 3 years and they can't touch you anyway!