Unusual request!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right, I have come to an arrangement with the Hinckley and Rugby BS the upshot of which is that they are prepared to write to the leading CRAs and request my entry [which is wrong] to be removed.

Now I believe that if they send a simple request then the entry is removed. [they being the originators of the erroneous entry]

But they have asked me to provide a letter for them to send doing this, odd but there you go.

Are there any bods out there that can start me off with a good letter that perhaps we/I can mod?

Your help [as always] is much appreciated.

I don't understand. You've raised a complaint, and they want you to write a letter for them to send to the CRA? You could no that yourself and nothing would change, the CRA would simply respond saying it is up to the firms to amend the entry themselves, you normally have no say in the matter. If they are asking for your permission to contact the CRA to amend the entry, you're confirming this to the BS not the CRA, who are not your responsibility.

The only time I have known were you are asked to write the letter is in a Libel/Defamatory case were you write what you would want to see in their appology

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

This is what they wrote...

"Before we can use our reasonable endeavours to have the entry removed at the Credit Reference Agency you said you might have a precedent document we could start with. Please let us have this precedent document together with your signed agreement."

I have asked them to remove the info they [bS] sent about me from the CRA as the information it shows is incorrect. They want me to give them the format of words for this request... to me it's something like "please remove all entries regarding late payments made on this file as the information is incorrect" but that seems so simple and if it was that simple why would the BS need help to write something that simple???

Thanks for your help guys/gals!

Looks like what is invariably termed 'needless busy work'. Basically a declaration by you of your formal dissatisfaction at the entry as it stands. Shame they can't just do it with good grace without the additional hoops to jump through!