New credit agreement still under CCA 1974

krysus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner's mum has just taken out a credit agreement for a laptop, and the agreement clearly states that it is regulated under CCA 1974.

As the new CCA regulations have come into force recently (superceding CCA 1974?), what, if any, implications does this have?

I would've thought all new credit agreements would now have to be under the new regulations.

Ta.

My partner's mum has just taken out a credit agreement for a laptop, and the agreement clearly states that it is regulated under CCA 1974.

As the new CCA regulations have come into force recently (superceding CCA 1974?), what, if any, implications does this have?

I would've thought all new credit agreements would now have to be under the new regulations.

Ta.

Hi Krysus,

I was just thinking the same thing, ive just entered into a new credit card agreement and it also states its regulated under the CCA 1974, i also believe that it should have changed, il ask the question and post the answer...GC

My understanding is that the CCA 1974 is still the main act and the 2006 act just replaces and updaes some of the terms.

On that basis then, i presume a creditor providing an new agreement under CCA '74 can't benefit/enforce from the 2006 changes.

Under what circumstances is 1974 vs 2006 beneficial to the consumer?

On that basis then, i presume a creditor providing an new agreement under CCA '74 can't benefit/enforce from the 2006 changes.

?

Yes they can the 74 act is the main body the 06 act amends some of th 74 clauses

Under what circumstances is 1974 vs 2006 beneficial to the consumer

Main

74 no agreement held by creditor is total defence to enforcement

06 no agreeemnt debt can still be enforced if court decides agreeemnt is valid.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Yes they can the 74 act is the main body the 06 act amends some of th 74 clauses

Surely, if an agreement states CCA 1974, none of the 2006 changes apply to that agreement.